Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Has Anybody Else had this happen?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 26 2011 5:52 PM (6 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2011 10:53 AM

Sa nbr 1, 2nd shot, 36 yrds to pin, 10mph wind straight in the face. Hit a 37 yrd flop and it goes straight in the burn, new Callaway was just put into play. Gone. Forfeit game. Next round, 2nd shot on nbr 10 at SA. 37, yrds to pin, 14 mph wind straight in the face, hit the same 37 yrd flop, ball stops 3 inches from cup. If this isn't programmed robbery what the hell is it? Both shots were dinged, the second one was a yrd farther and had 4 mph stronger wind against me. I usually don't try a flop on nbr one, but it has been perfect the last 50 plus times I have used it in other situations.

• Jedef
    63 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2011 1:24 AM

renniw52:

Sa nbr 1, 2nd shot, 36 yrds to pin, 10mph wind straight in the face. Hit a 37 yrd flop and it goes straight in the burn, new Callaway was just put into play. Gone. Forfeit game. Next round, 2nd shot on nbr 10 at SA. 37, yrds to pin, 14 mph wind straight in the face, hit the same 37 yrd flop, ball stops 3 inches from cup. If this isn't programmed robbery what the hell is it? Both shots were dinged, the second one was a yrd farther and had 4 mph stronger wind against me. I usually don't try a flop on nbr one, but it has been perfect the last 50 plus times I have used it in other situations.

It's quite simple that like real life it's unpredictable and I for  one am glad about that as it makes the game a constant challenge. It happens to me all the time and I am momentarily miffed then I shrug and get on with it. If it is programmed then it's pretty smart I reckon.  There are so many variables that I just assume that I missed something in my reckoning. It does unfortunately however, keep bringing me back to the points I raised in my 'unlikely scores' posts where I ( probably falsely) questioned the validity of the low scores posted in tournys.  If I'm on a roll then something strange is bound to happen to screw it up. It doesn't seem to happen to the big boys, practice or no practice, (or maybe it does) , Anyway, try not to let it get you down as again , like life, nobody ever said it would be fair.  {:-))

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2011 6:01 AM

Hi,

SA #1 - actually plays a lot longer than you think, its very decieving. Its the one hole on that course where I'm really careful on that second shot calculation, because I know that if you dont get it right, you'll end up in the wee burnie lol. Been there, done that - but never since. :-)

A 37 yd flop with 10 mph wind straight in is never going to get you there, not in a million years. 

The closest I've ever been is 40 yds out, and I'm hitting a 60 Wg at about 80% power, so a flop from 36 yds is not the shot. A 40 yd shot with a 60 Wg I'm hitting the shot for about 45 yds, it seems to work quite well for me now. 

So - unless you have a gale behind you, dont use the flop.

Thats just my experience on the hole. Dont think theres any programmed robbery to be honest. The hole plays the same for me each time I play it, just make sure you add on a few yards. Do a few practice rounds and get your distance calc right, then you'll be right.

Cheers

Doug

• OkieX
    175 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2011 6:06 AM

nbr?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2011 6:22 AM

Full or punch from there sir.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2011 7:15 AM

I knew better than to try the flop. Lost a lot of balls in there way back when. I only tried it again because I have managed to get that flop down to 90% accuracy. Any other hole that shot would have sat right at the pin. I tried it and it went 27 yrds and drowned itself. Was more of an experiment, turned out to be stupidity on my part.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 5:52 PM

OkieX:

nbr? 

Number 1....as in first hole

as for the OP..... I have used flop there many times and usually tell myself, "that was stupid"...but never  with that big of a difference from shot to shot.  wow

RSS