Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Multiple tournaments

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 4 2020 8:12 AM (6 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 6:38 AM

We keep getting multiple tournaments , Right now we have 3 tournaments all the same , created by the same host , This has happened many times and every time we have to go round and round with CS so the host can get a refunded and they have to remove the duplicates , Its a pain in the *** ,  It takes several days to get a response and then they want screen shots Etc. It usually gets fixed and they issue a refund to the host , It night take some time but my point is why do we have to go through this once or twice a month ? 

And then there are the tournaments that don't have a winner for some reason , Maybe time runs out or whatever ,  The credits don't go back to the host , WGT keeps them , Again we have to contact CS and they have to issue a refund , 

Last month we had a tournament that paid the top 10 ,  35 members played and finished the tournament , No one was paid , Again we had to go round and round with CS , It took 2 weeks for the top 10 to receive their winnings .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 6:47 AM

CEverett12:
    We keep getting multiple tournaments , Right now we have 3 tournaments all the same , created by the same host , This has happened many times and every time we have to go round and round with CS so the host can get a refunded and they have to remove the duplicates , Its a pain in the ***

Sounds like you might instruct whoever is setting up those multiple tournaments to wait after they confirm the tournament. The only way you're getting multiple tournaments is just like why you see multiple posts in the main forum from one poster-the lag. You hit Post and nothing happens so you hit it again. And again. Then they all post. Same thing happens in CC tournaments. 

Ever pay a bill online and see the statement "do not click submit more than once" on the payment page? There's a reason for that and your multiple tournaments are a good example of what happens when you do. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 9:05 AM

It take forever for the tournament to post. I start it then walk away and come back to it.

Tell them to not click it multiple times. Click it once and wait, I open up a new tab with my CC Tournaments to check.

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 7:08 PM

It would help if the club owner could cancel a tournament. When I was caretaker owner of JJCCC I was able to cancel bracket tournaments before they filled. But didn't have the same option for regular tournaments. Ability to cancel before the first score is posted should be available to the owner.

See, let me have a bit of temporary power and now I want to rule the world. LoL

Have fun and hit em straight,

John

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 4:16 AM

DufferJohn7:

It would help if the club owner could cancel a tournament. When I was caretaker owner of JJCCC I was able to cancel bracket tournaments before they filled. But didn't have the same option for regular tournaments. Ability to cancel before the first score is posted should be available to the owner.

See, let me have a bit of temporary power and now I want to rule the world. LoL

Have fun and hit em straight,

John

That is a very point John. Sometimes we get bad tournaments posted my members also, it would be nice to delete it and start over.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 7:03 AM

We have a bracket in our club right now , I played round one , I advanced to round 2 and its says I am no longer eligible to play , There is plenty of time left and its open to all tiers , so what's going on ?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 8:12 AM

CEverett12:

We have a bracket in our club right now , I played round one , I advanced to round 2 and its says I am no longer eligible to play , There is plenty of time left and its open to all tiers , so what's going on ?

I hate that. 

RSS