Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How are the Awards coming?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 10 2009 12:11 PM (2 replies)
  • BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:33 AM

I have yet to understand why we have an “Awards” tab in our profile.

Have you looked at yours more than once?

I didn’t think so….and here’s why.

The “stats” tab is where you go even when looking at another player’s profile.

The fact that I have achieved a bronze or gold or whatever just doesn’t cut it.

I mean you want to know how you stack up against others in your tier correct.

The Award idea could be better put to use on this site if 2 things were to happen.

1.)    You achieve a very small/large credit for reaching a certain level.

2.)     On the home page they start an “Individual Stats Leaders” that include the most often looked at stats for the current year or month even.

It’s a win/win for everyone.

A player knows what has to be achieved to get a credit and the player’s name will appear on the leader board for all to see.

The site gets a boost in page views (ad $) and instantly creates a reason for players to keep improving and more importantly playing the game.

Right now there are just way too many awards and I see more are coming…why?

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:15 AM

B, Once they (WGT) have got us addicted, why give us more stuff.  imho, the awards get noobs to join & play awhile, at least. Give a few CTTH trophies (free), maybe hook some folks into buying stuff @ pro shop, etc., etc.. I must admit I'm not a fan of the trophy case either, I usually just look @ average & score history. I guess top 10 $$ is what really matters.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 12:11 PM

...and they would buy more when they start seeing what others are using too.

RSS