Re: Coin rooms

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 14 2020 7:36 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 9:46 AM

kavvz:

Would be interested to hear other flash only player's stories going mobile.

While I began or stumbled across the game on mobile, I transitioned to flash early on... because there were far more tips and info in the forums on it.  Most people on youtube were flash players, but we have started to see some mobile post videos.

Coin games regardless of tier are imho notoriously swingy... it doesn't matter your tier your, proficiency... the coin games are designed to keep people playing the game earning something that has absolutely little to no exchange value in the game other than the newly created apparel, which you can now upgrade with silver coins.  You can "go on tilt" and try to make up losses by playing more than you would otherwise.  I have succumbed to it at times myself.  

The one good thing about mobile coin rooms... the jacked up apparel allows you to play a much cheaper ball competitively... there are some instances where I feel it is a disadvantage but since the coins have little to no value and I have a reasonable win rate with a much cheaper ball… it makes no sense to spend 4, 5, or 6 X more on a high end ball that doesn't necessarily play 4, 5, 6 x better.  Am I losing a slight edge against top players - of course, but that would exist regardless of the ball you play.  

Even though many regard silver coins to have no value... people are placing a value on those coins by the ball they use.  Your ball hits amount to the cost you are paying for those coins in the coin room you play.   

In a 3 hole match I probably spend on average 3.4 credits, whereas someone playing a Titleist is using closer to 16.3 credits for the same number of coins.  

I have considered upgrading a ball for showdown play since there are prizes now, but I would never use a high end ball in any room below Tokyo.  Unless I was testing a different apparel setup to use in high stakes matches or a showdown event.  The ball hit cost is just silly in comparison to the return on coins.  

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 10:18 AM

"Apparel setup" you say... that's a novel idea.  Posted it in that forum as something nice they could add. 

Thx for all the info. and tips all -- appreciate it as we all prepare for this time next year!

• adrob2
    591 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 1:10 PM

I usually play in the Tokyo or Montreal rooms.  I play flash version 95% of the time I play the game, so I'm still learning mobile too.  I had one guy that was really mad that I was in Montreal (he was also losing, so that probably didn't help).

I figure if you're in a room where the pack cap is appropriate for your level then you're fine, no?  In other words, legends and above in Montreal and above rooms?

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 2:42 PM

adrob2:

I usually play in the Tokyo or Montreal rooms.  I play flash version 95% of the time I play the game, so I'm still learning mobile too.  I had one guy that was really mad that I was in Montreal (he was also losing, so that probably didn't help).

I figure if you're in a room where the pack cap is appropriate for your level then you're fine, no?  In other words, legends and above in Montreal and above rooms?

First truth to accept.

Tier isn't an absolute indicator of skill. most have manipulated it to artificially advance by playing  hundreds if not thousands of Tourneys from the hack/amateur tees.

Second Truth: anyone can beat anyone in one hole matches.

The coin rooms serve as a regulator for players. so

Third truth: The better players are routinely in Tokyo and Bellagio. Regardless of tier.

Rio sometimes gets hit by the better players if Tokyo is barren and making apparel runs.

I'm not going to get into the other exceptions to third truth. but in general it's correct.

• KooKtGooSe
    6 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2020 7:36 PM

WOW !!!! Did this ever get off the original post.  Where are the moderators ??????

• PAGES
RSS