Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Apparel Consideration

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 3 2019 10:54 AM (8 replies)
  • Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 8:01 PM

Earlier today I was a participant in a discussion about the various aspects of the new beta release of the PC version of the game. One area of the discussion that was particularly emphasized was the addition of apparel enhancements like those currently used in the mobile platform and how would they affect those players who have primarily been users of the existing PC platform. One suggestion was put forth and it was felt that this suggestion should be posted in this forum for further discussion and comment. The suggestion is replicated below.

“One suggestion that I had if they elect to continue with the apparel stuff. Many non mobile players who have played for years will transition to the new platform w/o any or minimal enhancements and will have to play literally hundreds of matches to get the maximum benefit. Can a mechanism be devised, on a one time non-precedent setting basis, whereby years of play or tier status can equate to levels of attire? Like for every year of play you can bump up one level of attire and not start out at zero. Played for 5 years, you’re permitted to outfit yourself with level 5 attire, or tour pros start at attire level 3, masters at level 4, etc... or players with x years of playing experience can, for a one time payment of 10,000 coins, buy into the apparel hierarchy at level 6...”

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 10:05 PM

I suspect that PC players will not particularly care about the apparel schtick, or they probably would have been playing mobile.  I play mostly PC but some mobile and I find no use for the apparel since it is so unrealistic.

Mobile players can continue to play mobile or can probably transition to the new PC-based system when it goes final - and keep the apparel they have.  Apparently PC players will eventually have to go to the newer app-based system - if it plays well (which it should in another year). 

I will not be using it since I am not interested in the H2H games where it applies - only regular stroke play and tournaments (where it does not apply).

As a;ways, YMMV.

• Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 12:39 AM

Apparel is nothing to worry about. It is only of value in coin rooms and clashes. It also only takes a couple of months to build your wardrobe to a level where you can be competitive in the coin rooms. Do not concern yourself if you are starting out anew. If you're any good you'll bet half those in there anyway.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 5:03 AM

Personally I think the option to go naked as well, not sure where I’d put my balls though?

• borntobesting
    9,622 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 5:23 AM

My question is what happens to all the Flash based avatars that we bought. Do they  just vanish when the flash game ends? I have spent close to $50 on them. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 5:25 AM

borntobesting:

My question is what happens to all the Flash based avatars that we bought. Do they still just vanish when the flash game ends? I have spent close to $50 on them. 

Thats a really good question. I have a lot of avatars also.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 5:28 AM

Honestly

Cicero733:
    “One suggestion that I had if they elect to continue with the apparel stuff. Many non mobile players who have played for years will transition to the new platform w/o any or minimal enhancements and will have to play literally hundreds of matches to get the maximum benefit. Can a mechanism be devised, on a one time non-precedent setting basis, whereby years of play or tier status can equate to levels of attire? Like for every year of play you can bump up one level of attire and not start out at zero. Played for 5 years, you’re permitted to outfit yourself with level 5 attire, or tour pros start at attire level 3, masters at level 4, etc... or players with x years of playing experience can, for a one time payment of 10,000 coins, buy into the apparel hierarchy at level 6...”

Honestly I don't any of that and really don't have any interest in bells and whistles

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 6:32 AM

DonCaron:

And note pad with notes on most holes?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 10:54 AM

andwhy67:

DonCaron:

And note pad with notes on most holes?

Yes, a lot of players in my club are asking "where is it"

RSS