Re: Slope matter for average score?

Fri, Nov 6 2009 2:53 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:23 PM

cobra4:

Faterson:

The answer to that is getting the Redwood putter. It's a lot more precise, especially for long-range putts, than the Spyder putter you are currently using.

After what i seen the other day with Coolswings putting, i'm not so sure about the putters. He uses the starter putter,  and i can say his putting is quite phenominal with the starter putter. So i am lead to believe its the human aspect off it and not so much the putter.

I agree with you, cobra; but it's not as though the type of putter doesn't make a difference. If you can get so used to the starter putter that you can dominate with it the way you can with the Redwood or Spyder, more power to you. But to say that the equipment doesn't have an effect on the common player is incorrect. The Redwood has a slower meter and more accuracy, as well as better-incremented levels, than the starter putter, which makes it more desirable and, to most players, a better tool in the long run.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:45 PM

gaoerfuqiu:
    The Redwood has a slower meter [...] than the starter putter

That's incorrect. The Redwood putter has, in fact, a fast shot meter, a lot faster than the starter putter or the Spider putter. The Redwood is a classic risk & reward club: its accuracy is unrivalled, but you can easily mishit it. Despite the faster meter, I definitely prefer the Redwood over the Spider for all of my important games, and I no longer play with the starter putter. (Its meter increments are just too shabby and imprecise for me.)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:46 PM

I still use the free putter and I putt super fast, either hitting early or late with very little or no manipulation of the aim point triangle. I just checked my putting stats and I have hit (gulp) around ,16,000 putts. I know this is the reason for hesitation on my part to change equiptment and would guess it is probably a weak argument. It leads me to believe that the newer player would be very wise to purchase the best putter currently available (Redwood). I wish my 16,000 putts were with the Redwood because that number might be 14,000 instead.

• CalebWoods
    10 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 4:08 PM

Just shot a 33/41and a 39/35 at BPB with the redwood. Put the best nines together and it's a 68. I'll get there.

• pinkgirl34
    59 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2009 2:53 PM

I've noticed some people say that Kiawah is way easier than BPB, and I agree with this before, but now I disagree because the slick greens have turned Kiawah into a monster. Recently I've shot a 37/36 at BPB and 41 on Kiawah front nine.

• PAGES
RSS