Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Shot reaction in game has changed

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 26 2011 12:32 PM (8 replies)
  • Preacher1
    193 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 11:29 AM

I believe that shot reaction has been changed to much, you can play a shot 3 or 4 times just fine then you hit the same kind of or same shape shot around water or a trap and it is like a magnet draws it to trouble. A dinged shot should not move against a 10 or 15 mph wind nor should a 2 mph wind push a ball 15 yards into a hazard when dinged, at least they didn't used to. I bet I have lost 20 callaway balls in the last month on shots that looked safe when they left the club, it is getting very costly and bothersome to me. Should be able to trust that shots will repeat when struck in like manner, at least that is my opinion. God Bless Randy

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 3:51 PM

Just shot 5 under on SA back 9. Went back to see if I could get my first 30 since I made notes on how every shot reacted. Hell no, everything was so different it was like I have never played this course before, Almost identical shots were so off that I just shook my head. Same winds, same angles, totally different, just take a guess and play. What a crock of condensed horse Sh-t. Still a fun game though, just don't expect any more than what it gives and you'll be fine. Just a way to wear your balls out and buy more, shoot a good round and you know you will try to beat it. More balls, more revenue. 
    What a concept. 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 4:23 PM

Just tried again, saw views of holes I have never seen before, Sure makes it interesting and keeps ya on your toes. Enjoyed the new angles.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 4:35 PM

renniw52:
    everything was so different it was like I have never played this course before, Almost identical shots were so off that I just shook my head. Same winds, same angles, totally different, just take a guess and play. What a crock of condensed horse Sh-t.
     Ok , this in itself is stating that all of "your" angles , all of "your" pulls of power , all of "your" wind compensations , as well as all of "your"  (green) reads were absolutely identical as well. Unlikely , with or without notes.

Sayin' ,   Ace

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 7:23 AM

key word is (almost). I managed to place a few shots within a yrd or so of a previous shot. Winds were within 1-3 mph of the previous shot. Hit the same club as before and the ball landed way out of the zone from before. No weird rolls or bounces just way off. Not complaining, just commenting. Thanks for responding Ace, I'll just keep grinding away.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 8:19 AM

I don't think you were complaining ,  and , if people say that they are seeing inconsistencies with things I believe them ,  I'm not there and can't   , nor do I wish to disagree with what they say.  All i'm saying  is , giving all the variables involved from "tee-box" to "bottom of cup" ,  mathematics can get you in the ballpark , yes  , and I'm  obviously referring to guides and  %'s.  Things that make people say ,  "well this is this , so according to the guide , I need to do this."   I'm simply saying  to put the book down. Take a second. Look at what you've got in front of you. "Think" for a sec. about how you want to approach this pin. Run a quick visualization through your head  and bring some feel and creativity into your shot making  and I don't think things will be quite as inconsistent  for you .    GL in how ever you choose to approach this wonderful game we call golf.  However , in my opinion ,  mathematics will never truly unlock all  it's secrets.  Too many things going on in between tee-box and bottom of the cup for an    "equation"    to ever  remain consistent.

Ace

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 7:52 AM

Well said, agree 100%. Running things through ( my head ), may be dangerous. Heads up spectators-FORE.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 12:16 PM

lately  i have been using wild guess..and mostly instinct....more then before something has change.not complaining.....just saying what i feel.....faster meter speed ...less life on my callw balls ......and at least 80 short putts  from 2inch  to 4 inch on any courses .....i dont mind the game getting harder i just wish they would tell us .that i for one .dont start thinking ...iam going crazy or lousing all my skills LOL...i also will keep plugging.............so i agree with your post.......

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 12:32 PM

So I don't have part timers disease. WHA HOO!! I'm going to go find me a hot young woman now, one in her early 50's. Life is good again.

RSS