Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 10 Foot Putter

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 22 2009 8:42 AM (7 replies)
  • Crankie
    3 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 1:00 AM

a new putter with 10ft distance would greatly help, thats where i get the most madest at for trying to determine closer putts with a 30ft meter. Its just too far off to be anywhere near reliable, imo. really sucks when you miss a 2 foot putt cause you knocked the crap out of it, while at the same time you will hit it again at the same place and not even make it to the hole.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 1:38 AM

Hey Crankie... even though a 10ft putter would be nice for most, it wont really be necessary therefore [personally] i dont think WGT will develop this.

looking at your stats you have only putted 61 times (over 2 rounds). i myself have only played 126 rounds but have putted 2,065 times and i still don't get the hang of it.

so just some points of advice from me.

1. PRACTICE! it will take a lot more than 61 putts to adapt to this game. seeing that you have only putted on the BB greens only once and the back 9 of kiawah once there is no way you can even come close to putting well unless you are this guy, you will find that just playing the greens a few times first  helps.
    2. click on this faded green text for an amazing tutorial on putting. it has helped me SO so much. it must help you. if nothing else this tutorial is the way to go.
    3. don't be afraid to ask other WGT players who have been here a while for tips.. there are some great people here who are always willing to help and i have benefited from many of them and played some great golf as a result

any questions please feel free to ask

God bless and Good Luck out there

ES

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 5:05 AM

Not to mention upgrading to the Ping Answer or Redwood putter will get you a 15 foot scale!

• FreddieLove
    58 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 7:46 AM

Not to mention upgrading to the Ping Answer or Redwood putter will get you a 15 foot scale!

Crankie,

What that means is the Redwood putter is 5ft per club drawback making two drawbacks 10ft. I would assume Answer is the same.

Freddie

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 8:22 AM

freddielove:

Crankie,

What that means is the Redwood putter is 5ft per club drawback making two drawbacks 10ft. I would assume Answer is the same.

Freddie

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• FreddieLove
    58 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 8:28 AM

Thanks, been using as ten, has not effected me yet, I use the 30ft when I need 12ft. These new faster greens, the drawback helps.

Thanks ES,

Freddie

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 8:32 AM

No Problem

that's a good point though freddy, I guess now the green speeds are different to not be so regimental with the footage.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 8:42 AM

ES- I adjusted the footage on fast greens to 8  8  12  16  20. A 33% increase across the board that is holding true.

YJ

RSS