Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Driving Distance

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 23 2009 5:05 PM (7 replies)
  • TheLegendary
    21 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 2:38 PM

I am just wondering if it takes awhile or i got a bug?  In this week stroke play 9 hole tournament i got a 276 yard drive but my longest drive profile says 261 still.  Any ideas why?

PS i was not able to get a replay but for all it helps it was on BB front with a 21 mph headwind.

Thanks,  THELEGENDARY

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 4:54 PM

TheLegendary:

I am just wondering if it takes awhile or i got a bug?  In this week stroke play 9 hole tournament i got a 276 yard drive but my longest drive profile says 261 still.  Any ideas why?

PS i was not able to get a replay but for all it helps it was on BB front with a 21 mph headwind.

Thanks,  THELEGENDARY

As far as I know, the only way this drive would not be counted in your profile is if you a) did not finish the round, or b) did not have the ball come to rest on the fairway.

As this was a stroke play tourney, the other reasons would not come into play.

• TheLegendary
    21 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 5:01 PM

Wk 42 9 hole stroke, i finished the round with a 40 as you can tell then.  Hope that might help.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 5:10 PM

I think since it's a tournament, WGT has to verify all scores in the tourney ... Week 42 tourneys were backed up because of the updates last week - maybe everything is verified by WGT admin. If so then when WGT finishes its Week 42 tournament verification and allocates prize credits, then assumedly your drive will have been verified and updated to your profile. Not 100% sure, though.

• TheLegendary
    21 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 12:49 PM

That makes sense, guess we will go with that.  Thanks

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 12:04 PM

gaoerfuqiu:

I think since it's a tournament, WGT has to verify all scores in the tourney ... Week 42 tourneys were backed up because of the updates last week - maybe everything is verified by WGT admin. If so then when WGT finishes its Week 42 tournament verification and allocates prize credits, then assumedly your drive will have been verified and updated to your profile. Not 100% sure, though.

They just verifiy the scores, not the stats from the game.

As Snaike said for the drive to count it must stay in the fairway. It is likely that you were in the rough.

• TheLegendary
    21 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 12:58 PM

I aprriciate all the help and to clarrify all it was on BB #16 middle of the fairway with my r9.   It was single play 9 holes back nine Wk 43.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 5:05 PM

Neviem

RSS