Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wind Direction Indicator Error - Kiawah

Wed, Oct 21 2009 3:22 PM (4 replies)
  • palmamqui
    11 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 7:26 PM

I played a match round on the back 9 this evening and both I and my opponent believe that the wind direction indicator was showing the exact opposite of the actual wind conditions.

I reported it to wgt during the round but I'm wondering whether anyone else had the same experience tonight.

Thanks.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 11:20 PM

You're not alone, I was pumping perfectly struck shots into water and thistle. 

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 12:58 PM

Did you believe the indicator was wrong for all the holes, or a particular hole?

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 2:58 PM

It was wrong on 13, 14, and 16 for sure.   I wasn't paying that much attention to it until 13 when a well hit drive went straight into the water with a strong wind coming  off the pond.  My opponent also sailed straight into the pond, so it definitely was not a deviation.  Both of ours started right, and moved more right, with a strong wind going left.

14 said it was 9 mph going at 11 on a clock.   I 'dinged' my iron (G10 master, high precision) and had it fall pathetically far right and short of the green, 25 yards away on a shot that is within 12 ft  95% of the time, and still on the green with the nastiest normal deviation.  Same as the last hole, it started right, and moved more right, defying all physics.

16 it said it was 10 mph from the right,  I misclicked my drive slightly so I wasn't sure if that was the reason my drive moved a little right or if it was wind.   But when my 3-wood found the 60-70% rough well right....

Every time it's happened to me has been on Kiawah, and it seems to be the case for everyone else as well.  Also never happened in a single player round, always mutli.

• palmamqui
    11 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 3:22 PM

Hello Alex,

I'm finding it a bit difficult to answer your question.  I can say with certainty that the indicator was wrong both at the hole from which I sent the bug report and the hole immediately previous to that.  I compared notes with my opponent and neither of us was in doubt.  She lost a ball in the canal off her drive and I had a drive that should have moved in one direction and instead moved in the direct opposite direction. 

We set up our shots on the remaining holes on the assumption that the wind indicator was reversed and our shots went where we thought they should.  Based on that, I conclude that the indicator was wrong for those holes as well.  As to the earlier holes, I'm just not sure.

Thanks for looking into this.

RSS