Forums

Help › Forums

Re: matchplay

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 22 2009 11:34 AM (6 replies)
  • cindythepitbull
    58 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 3:19 PM

is the wgt awarding credits based on the matchplay points u earn?? how else are we gonna be rewarded for the people that disconnect during play and make us earn the win by waiting 10 mins. would also like to see a concede the hole option sometime in the furture.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 3:49 PM

Hey cindy.....see THIS thread

• PinMagnet
    6 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 9:58 PM

Players quitting during a matchplay game causes the remaining (winning most likely) player to wait for 10 VERY LONG MINUTES TO GET A VICTORY which is a joke when you're the player winning and the other player bails on you because he is losing.

This needs to change.  Make it 2 minutes max and then make it an automatic forfeit for the other player. 

Why force the remaining player to take a forfeit just to get out of the match to get into another match.

The only losses I have are from taking a forfeit rather then waiting for 10 minutes.  I'm not going to wait to take the win.

• jonybshanker
    5 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 4:39 AM

I agree 100%,this is ridiculous. As well,there are a lot of players complaining about the Match Play game not having a concede hole button.It would sure speed up the game.

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 8:04 AM

Totally agree on the concede button, both on the hole and match.  I think the time should be a little longer, 4 to 5 minutes but that can be worked out.  I would also like to see the match play results show more than the points for winning, you should get a negative for losing a match so the leader isn't just someone who played a ton of matches.  Maybe losing 1/2 a point for a loss but I'm sure that they will work out some sort of rankings that makes sense.

Whenever someone quits the game I am playing, I always wait for the forfeit, no way I am letting them off the hook.  I will just browse the forums or something for those 10 minutes, especially if the quit happened on the 9th or when they were ready to lose.

William

• martinberna
    1 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 10:00 PM

cindythepitbull:

is the wgt awarding credits based on the matchplay points u earn?? how else are we gonna be rewarded for the people that disconnect during play and make us earn the win by waiting 10 mins. would also like to see a concede the hole option sometime in the furture.

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 11:34 AM

Someone asked a question about why there should be multiple concede buttons, my version was that you should be able to concede the hole or match at any time so you need a button for each of those.  However you need a button to concede a putt as well, if your opponent is 6 inches away you should be allowed to concede the putt to him to speed up play.  No need for him to have to putt a 6 inch putt or you either.  If I have a 10 foot putt for birdie and my opponent is 3 inches away putting for par, I would always give him that in match play and if I miss my putt and have 6 inches I assume he would give me that, just a way to speed up play.

RSS