Forums

Help › Forums

Concede button

Wed, Dec 28 2011 5:08 AM (33 replies)
  • ZekeSr
    36 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 1:59 PM

You need a button in which a player can concede a hole with would save a lot of time during match play rounds.

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 2:07 PM

Agreed, granted the holes go by quicker in the first place, but it would help me from embarrassing myself infront of qtpies

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 2:11 PM

Wholeheartedly agreed...  There is something a bit demoralizing about waiting for an opponent to hit his 6th from 4 feet while you're waiting to hit your 3rd from 2 inches.

It's awkward, demeaning and a complete waste of time.

If you know you have not a snowball's chance to win the hole (ie, you're in the water twice on K17 while your opponent sticks his t-shot to within a foot), allow players to simply click "Concede" and move on.

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 2:13 PM

I 4th the motion. Suggested it somewhere else too. The match feature is nice otherwise.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 1:54 PM

We have a question about the best way to implement this. 

We are looking to add a feature to allow you to concede a putt to your opponent in Match Play.  That way if you are putting for a "3" and your opponent is putting for a "5" you can give him/her the putt no matter where he is putting from on the green to make the game go faster.

Is this a sufficient option?  Or do you think the need to concede a hole is required as well?

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 2:04 PM

I think a concede hole button takes care of all possible scenarios. As opposed to having different concede buttons.

*edit* tibbets is right.....we do need both buttons

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 2:16 PM

Well, in real Match Play there is both:  Conceded putts and conceded holes, so it would follow that both options would be appropriate here.  Simply having one or the other doesn't really take of the issues of Match Play.  For instance, if we simply had a "Concede Putt" option, but no "Concede Hole" option, that wouldn't take care of speeding up play if, say, on Kiawah #17 the opponent landed on the green with their shot, but yours went in the water.  You could concede their putt all you like, but to end the hole you'd still have to play until you were on the green and then your opponent could concede your putt to end the hole.  Still a lot of unnecessary play there.  Having only a "Concede Hole" option doesn't take care of those gimmes that would happen most times, where both players are inside 4 ft with easy putts.  You'd both still have to play out the putts to end the hole, so too there is more unnecessary play.

Has to be both.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 2:28 PM

I don't think that's the case here tib. When a putt wins the hole the hole is ended. When there's a clear winner the hole is over.

I think the option would work well.

YJ

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 3:01 PM

Actually there are 3 concessions:

A player may concede a match at any time prior to the start or conclusion of that match.

A player may concede a hole at any time prior to the start or conclusion of that hole.

A player may concede his opponent's next stroke at any time. The opponent is considered to have holed out with his next stroke. 

I realize at the moment the first is called "forfeit" but while we are fixing things...

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 3:10 PM

A conceded "Stroke" for WGT purposes would take care of both the "Putt" and the "Hole" type of concedes.

That would immediately end that players hitting for that hole and he would be considered holed out with his next stroke.

RSS