Forums

Help › Forums

Re: People vs. Pros Cancellation Reimbursement

Thu, Oct 22 2009 9:17 AM (7 replies)
  • sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 10:29 AM

As long as we are not being given full value of the stated prize winnings for the People vs. Pros tournaments due to cancellation, and no cash or equal prize value is being given, could we at least get the remainder in credits?

http://www.peoplevsthepros.com/howtoenter.aspx

The tournament fee which we are now not receiving due to there being no tournament is $495.

Could I get my 495,000 credits please?

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 10:30 AM

This is not a joke either.

(After much discussion) none of the winners are entirely thrilled with the situation, and at least credits would be approximate equal value, even though I'm not sure what use that many credits would be.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 3:12 PM

You could use the credits to enter the People vs the Pros tourney.....oh wait..... never mind.

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 4:04 PM

Heh...

From the terms and conditions:

"Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable."

???

$495 less is approximately equal? :(

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 5:21 PM

"If for any reason any portion of the prize is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or becomes unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Contest in its discretion and award a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value."

When you write the rules you can make words mean what you want. For a 5000 dollar prize, 90% of it being given back to you would be approximately in a lot of people books. Not in mine, but I am sure those that wrote the rules would consider that approximate.

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 5:25 PM

Yea... damn fine print. A vague word in there allows for all kinds of things I guess. :(

btw RS I need to talk to you on a private msg probably...

• dmkhorns
    8 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 12:31 PM

Well, Sabbath, I can't go on the trip this weekend ... and I'm getting only the value of the plane ticket they already bought.  Winning the trip has been one of the bigger pains in my rear-end that I could ever imagine. 

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 9:17 AM

Wow, that's awful too :(

The whole thing is just screwed up for all parties involved, I know it's not WGT's fault PVP canceled.

I'm sure the prizes are part of corporate sponsorships and things like that, they probably don't have the cash lying around to just give to us, which is why I suggested at least some credits. :\

Just beating the dead one now though, am somewhat at peace with it. Dad should be arriving at Pinehurst very shortly.

RSS