Forums

Help › Forums

Re: CPU | Resources | Memory

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 15 2009 3:57 PM (2 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 1:23 PM

Just providing feedback with regards to memory requirements and CPU loading.

When I play a CTTH challenge, then change clubs and balls to practice on a Course for example Kiawah, the memory that was required at the start is now doubled. So if I started at 215 MB play a CTTH challenge the memory required has jumped to 430 MB.  Then I play Kiawah, all of a sudden memory requirements are now 630 MB.  I find the screen is a little more jumpy as well as the mouse pointer.  Secondly, after playing Kiawah, the memory required by Firefox  is now at 461 MB.  So I tend to log off and on to reset the memory requirements used by the browser.  This is obviously affecting performance, although CPU loading is not indicative of the increase memory requirements.

Now my system is:   3.0 Ghz dual core Intel CPU, running at 1000 Mhz front side bus, and 600 Mhz back side bus, with a 500 Mb PCI express video card. With a total ram of 2 Gb.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 2:49 PM

Interesting observation, Infinito. Google MemTurbo for a really sweet RAM recovery program. You get an icon in your toolbar that recovers and defrags your RAM in seconds. There's a free trial there and it's worth it.

YJ

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 3:57 PM

YankeeJim:

Interesting observation, Infinito. Google MemTurbo for a really sweet RAM recovery program. You get an icon in your toolbar that recovers and defrags your RAM in seconds. There's a free trial there and it's worth it.

YJ

Firefox has released its next version in beta, 3.6, Beta 1.  Just checking it out, but it also includes an updated version of its java engine which has better memory management routines.  It may be worth checking out for those who have memory issues.  I also use a memory defrag software.   However, the one I use is freeware.

RSS