Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Halloween Match Play Invitional

Thu, Oct 29 2009 9:03 PM (48 replies)
  • STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 8:18 AM

JohnHancock:

Oh and it is an 'Invitional' (sic) tournament to which nobody is invited.

I'd say this one is off to a flyer once again.

Maybe a little harsh. True when you make a tourney always invite people. The spreadsheet needs some readjustments some pros may be masters.

Thunder just edit your thread if more than 16 registered maybe to 20 perhaps.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 1:39 PM

Well, that is a huge mistake on Thunder's part - you can't say "eight of each" and have 13 pros, or have seventeen players in a 16-player tourney. However, I think he said there would end up being 16 of each, although that does not seem to be the case.

20 players, STUDIOS, is not a great number when working with bracketed tournaments - that's a Round-of-32 with 12 byes ... not the prettiest thing in the world. 24 sign-ups allow for 8 byes and 8 Round-of-32 matches, or else maybe just ask for 32 sign-ups. Although without any invites that'll be pretty hard.

(BTW, JohnHancock, most "invitionals" or "invitationals" by the WGT community are not actually purely by invite - they are just more interesting than, say, "tourney" or "championship". However, tournaments (especially ones with unlimited registration) should have invites to maximize the number of people that know of the tournament, as well as to allow you to have some control over the level of talent of your tournament. A lot of top players do not visit this area often; they need to be notified of the tourney to even know of it in the first place.)

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 4:08 PM

One question, Thunder: since each match is 18 holes match play, can you do two 9-hole match play rounds? Not sure if I have the time to do 18 holes ... if I can't do two 9s then I'll have to regretfully withdraw - too time-consuming. Thanks again!

• MJBboyrox
    31 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 10:17 AM

K Thunder, you gotta get a hold. There hasn't been any updates for a bit now. Make something happen

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 1:35 PM

Tonight I will finally have time to set this up. I will get back to u guys tomorrow morning with the pairings................

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 6:00 AM

hmmm I guess by the edited forum heading this tourney is no longer.  Would have thought a post might have been made also telling everyone of that fact.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 6:10 AM

Okay, this is just ridiculous. At least, Thunder, you didn't start the tournament before you canceled it. That was your last chance, and you ruined it. Forget me ever signing up for your tournaments, and I hope everyone else will do the same.

• TrevorTurner
    106 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 4:55 AM

Because your a master at running Tournaments right gaoerfuqiu?!?!

• bigdilba01
    219 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 9:03 PM

so is this the end of the tournament

gee thunderbolt

wats going on lately mate

RSS