Help › Forums

Re: New balls with spin suck....

Sat, Oct 24 2009 5:54 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 2:09 PM

ZekeSr:
    I've gotta say that I also do not feel that these new Tour esgd whatever are worth anything.....in my humble opinion.  They seem to go about the same distance (have experimented with others on this) and give me no noticeable extra spin even from the GI-D balls.

Can't confirm. My experience is different: I find that the Tour SD balls' spin is so pronounced that their actual hitting distance might in fact be lower than that of GI-D balls... what irony! I definitely need to play the Tour SD balls differently from the GI-D balls. And I like Tour SD balls better, despite the faster meter.

PS: Please also note that the thread starter, Ketner, has in the meantime revised his opinion to the opposite of what the thread title says.  

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 5:54 AM

Faterson:

ZekeSr:
    I've gotta say that I also do not feel that these new Tour esgd whatever are worth anything.....in my humble opinion.  They seem to go about the same distance (have experimented with others on this) and give me no noticeable extra spin even from the GI-D balls.

Can't confirm. My experience is different: I find that the Tour SD balls' spin is so pronounced that their actual hitting distance might in fact be lower than that of GI-D balls... what irony! I definitely need to play the Tour SD balls differently from the GI-D balls. And I like Tour SD balls better, despite the faster meter.

PS: Please also note that the thread starter, Ketner, has in the meantime revised his opinion to the opposite of what the thread title says.  

• PAGES
RSS