Help › Forums

Re: tips for going master

Tue, Oct 13 2009 9:31 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2009 4:36 PM

expiredloch:

I have a tip for going "Master". First and foremost be as ignorant as you can possibly be by, for instance, not acknowledging a friendly greeting and best wishes for a good game and remain silent throughout.

Secondly, play as well as you can. If you play well, post your score. If you don´t, well that´s alright, just disconnect. Easy peasy right?

My god... are we just bitter today, or is there a specific reason for this particular whine?

Just because others don't play by ~your~ rules, don't assume they are 'cheating'. 

Lets look at the only differences between being a Master and being a Pro, shall we?  You can buy a longer driver... but you start from farther back.  Yea, big advantage there.

You get 200 free credits.... wow.  That's a lot. 

Oh yea, and when you make Master, if you want to join a tournament you have to compete with tibbets, avatarlee. salamii, jakestanfill... all these ppl with an average of UNDER 62.  Good freaking luck beating all of them on a leaderboard.

This whine has absolutely no merit whatsoever.  So, someone doesn't want to post a score... either good or bad... so what?  That doesn't cost you a thing.  Nothing.  As long as they finish the game with you, who the freak cares on whether or not they putt out the final hole.  How is that cheating or inconviencing you in any way??

The level of whining, bitching crybabies on this site has grown exponentially.   Grow up.

• expiredloch
    362 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2009 2:16 AM

Thanks for your reply Zagie.

First and foremost i´m NOT bashing players from America. I don´t understand why this was even brought up. That may say more about you than me.

I used the phrase "What the heck" because this brilliant game is produced in the USA and (Im guessing here), played in the vast majority by Americans.

If it had been produced in Britain I´d have used British phraseology so try not to automatically assume it´s an American bashing campaign. 

My post was aimed primarily at WGT and at those mentioned in my first post.

I have 50 or so "friends" and play regularly with them, enjoy the social repartee and correspond with several by e-mail. 48 are American!!

Yes, I thoroughly enjoy the game and have great fun, but by its very nature, its competitive. That´s what makes it so enjoyable, we all know that. 

I fired that "broadside" yesterday just to see what the reaction would be. Time will tell.

Oh, by the way, because my "friends" were tied up in games yesterday afternoon I looked for players and played THREE so called "Masters". They all played badly and guess what, they all disconnected!!

Am I intolerant and a grumpy bugger? Absolutely not.

Does it infuriate me when someone disconnects when i´m say -1 or level par and my opponent is 3 over and i´m left to finish the game on say the 4th? What do you think!!

• expiredloch
    362 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2009 3:23 AM

Thank you for your reply Snaike.

Great stuff!

I got one guy who agreed with what I had to say but thought I was bashing America. Oh dear!!

Then you come along,  thrust out your chest, clench your fists and insult those who dare to complain about practices that can only be described as "shady".

Whatever happened to debating skills.

I´ve obviously struck a nerve somewhere. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

Why are there so many complaining? Hmmm...beats me :(.

Come on all you people out here. Debate this subject if you wish. Agree or disagree, but hey, don´t descend to cheap insults. 

You´ve lost before you start if you do.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2009 5:14 AM

tips for going master...........

play well ! !

i know this may come as a shock to most who whine about those who cheat to become master but seriously now, u still need an avg of less than 66 to make master. 

1. isn't the avg calculated over the last 10 games . so even thought people may only post their best scores they still need to shoot some good scores to make the low avg. 
    2. if someone was trying to make master by quitting when they play badly, wouldn't they play on their own rather than in a multiplayer setting? less chance of lagg and can fly through games.

it seems to me 'expiredloch' that you have 2 different issues for 2 different reasons.

1. you have a problem with multiplayer quitters :- now i can agree with you on this one, there is nothing worse on this game than setting up a 3way or 4way multiplayer then for them all to quit....unfortunalty we live in a horrible world with dishonesty. to escape the problem the best you can, why not join the ladder site, its great because u play with great people who don't quit often. if they do they get punished and there are many who dont want to lose a game.
    2. you have a problem with those who make it by any means:-   you still need to shoot some excellent 9 hole rounds to make master, regardless of how many times you quit. i can have a great day and shoot 30-33 regularly but then enter a single hole tourney and shoot 35. you play round by round, some are good some are bad. this is a FREE game so unfortunately whining gets you nowhere here.
    come and join the ladder site and experience a great community of WGT golfers. and leave the quitters to do there thing.
    good luck out there 
    ES

• expiredloch
    362 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2009 5:47 AM

Thank you for your reply Eternalspirit.

I can´t argue with your logic and your point of view.

I will join the ladder site as you suggested as see how it goes.

As for so called "Whiners", well people don´t whine without good reason in the main.

Perhaps they need clear and thought out responses such as yours and haven´t been getting them.

10/10 for debating skills.lol.

I surrender (waving white flag furiously)

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2009 6:37 AM

Thanks for your reply.made me laugh

just one more thing, this site (just like most internet sites) has spoilers and complainers. they are everywhere, there are even those that complain about complainers!! out of the little few that spoil this site, there are those that make this site great, just search for and join the community of players who enjoy this game for what it is.

WGT have done a great job with this site, they never forced me to play or spend money so for free its amazing! so if you have a complaint, contact members@wgt.com and they will reply with the best answer.

God Bless.. look me up for a game

• expiredloch
    362 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 9:31 AM

Thank you, eternalspirit .

I´ve noted the address you gave and should love to play with you.

That´s of course, provided you don´t mind a moaning old git of a Limey  giving you a thrashing.lol

Take care and thanks again.

• PAGES
RSS