Forums

Help › Forums

Re: FireFox 4 users

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 29 2011 8:07 PM (6 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 8:06 AM

Just installed FF 4.0 and I quickly noticed Mozilla had removed the "Add Tab" button and combined the Reload and Stop buttons on the URL address bar.  I found a hot key CTL+T to add a tab but I'd rather use a button on the toolbar. 

Here's a small addon to add an "Add Tab" button to the tool bar.  Once installed, right click on the toolbar and select customize.  You'll find an "Add Tab" button and drag it to the tool bar.

Here's a way to have separate Reload and Stop buttons just like in FF 3.6.

Much betta now!

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 8:39 AM

Andyson, please forgive my ignorance here, but what is the "Add Tab" button suppose to be used for? When I want to play I use the Bookmarks, recently bookmarked approach and it seems to get me here just fine. I am also using FF 4.0.

Just an old guy question.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 8:46 AM

It gets you one of these sdorr....

Seriously, the Add Tab button does the same as holding down the Ctrl key and hitting the letter T key.  Try it.   It adds a new web page to the same browser window and you can switch back and forth between pages.  Like having WGT forums on one tab, and Google open on another tab.

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 9:18 AM

OH, whew, thanks Andy, for a couple of moments there I thought I was missing out on something really important that you needed to play the game. One of those must have things like the R9 driver and really expensive balls. I looked in the pro shop for "Add Tabs" and could not locate it.

Thanks for the tip, however, seeing I have enough problems with the meter I don't want to aggravate things worse by having multiple windows open at the same time. Thanks again, now at least I know what the tab thingy is all about.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 11:00 AM

Not had the update yet, still on version 3.6.16.  But I use the New Tab button extensively so I'll keep an eye out for when it arrives.  Thanks for the heads-up.

EDIT:  Wow!  My posts are no longer being moderated!  Ok, who can I name and shame???  Only joking!  I've learned my lesson.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 12:04 PM

I have found that firefox 4 combined with the flash beta (10,3,180,42) is an outstanding combination.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 8:07 PM

good find andy,

tab mix plus also does an awesome job customizing the 'add tab' button, as well as countless other tab customizations.

Just outta curiosity, did FF4 cut off the text for you in the 'Mark all posts read' link? Mine did, and it now read 'Mark all' . . . .

zoomed in and out, etc - nothing gets it back.....

RSS