Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tour Burner Irons

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 21 2009 11:22 AM (3 replies)
  • TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 10:45 PM

does this happen with the G10 Pro irons? you are a perfect distance for 8i, 9i, or PW.  minimal wind. you hit it perfect right on the line... and you get an extra 3-5 yards.  the club is rated for 125 and it goes 129.

i'm using the Gi-D balls right now... but i know its happened with the GX-D balls too.  can a G10Pro user comment?

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 11:34 PM

I get the same results with full bs. Usually you would lose a couple of yards that way.  But it's a good thing, so take advantage of it.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 4:55 AM

I don't understand you, Spaghetti. You're playing with GI-D & BX-D balls whose function is to increase distance of your shots. So that is what's happening, as it should. What does it have to do with the clubs you happen to be using? The same thing would happen with any club. (And, back spin + tailwind increases distance even further, as does top spin with no wind.)

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 11:22 AM

i wouldn't be posting except that the added 3-5 yards only comes when you hit it perfect on the line.  if the same thing happened when i was very close to the line but not perfect... i would have no issue.

and yes its most common with a full swing and full back spin combined with a perfect, on the line "ding".

RSS