Re: Balls and their added distance

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 8 2022 3:36 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Heisman12
    102 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2011 3:58 PM

Chris,

I play with pretty much the same equipment as you, but I use the Calloway (S) ball.  My yardage guesses are about 1-2 yards short of what you listed, so either you are correct, or we both are giving shots away:)

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2011 4:07 AM

Heisman12:

Chris,

I play with pretty much the same equipment as you, but I use the Calloway (S) ball.  My yardage guesses are about 1-2 yards short of what you listed, so either you are correct, or we both are giving shots away:)

The balls you use are a dot less for distance, so obviously they will have a bit shorter yardage, and also if you use backspin the balls will come up another yard or 2 shorter aswell.

• JLSims10
    16 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 1:30 PM

As a player for lots of years I have found that all players should be complaining to WGT more about the distances in the game. I go along with the information available and agree with it being above 90% accurate BUT it will not help you but maybe 50% or less on most holes actually paying REAL MONEY to WGT. For all the rest who do not I have found that about 50% give or take of all holes have the WRONG distance to the hole. If you pay attention and jot down the holes you miss the distance to the hole on you will find the same I have that I consistently miss holes on the approach shot onto the green by 5, 10 & 20 yards. Mostly the first 2. If you have been playing for a while think back to how often you miss by any of those amounts. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE ACCURATE PLAY YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY. If not just do what I do. Play and have fun and you can advance to Legend and above. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 3:36 PM

JLSims10:
    IF YOU WANT TO HAVE ACCURATE PLAY YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY

I agree. Well, it's business after all so they've got to generate revenue & profit and that's how they achieve it. Guess nobody can blame them for that.

• PAGES
RSS