Forums

Help › Forums

Re: again with the quitters

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 17 2011 11:55 AM (9 replies)
  • Danno707
    54 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 9:44 AM

Sorry, yes, another moan about quitters.

When will WGT do something about the OBVIOUS Quitters in the Game.

I AM SICK OF THE ARSEHOLES FREEZING AND RUINING GAMES.

FUKIN BAN THEM PLEEEAAASE.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 10:03 AM

Not much they can do actually because there is no good way to tell if the person quits because he or she is playing badly and losing or whether it is a legitimate internet connection problem. I was in a A/S game yesterday and the host quit on the first hole while putting to win the hole. So I know it wasn't that she was playing badly and losing as we were about to go 1 up. You just never know why some people quit. 

• Danno707
    54 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 10:22 AM

Maybe its difficult for WGT to work it out but not for me.

A player plays well then hits a few bad shots, then BANG, QUITS.

obvoius QUITTER.

A Player who is chatting friendly while playing well or average, no obvoius problems, then dissapears. Probably a Disconnection.

I'M sorry, but there have been toooo many times when players have quit FOR BEING SPINELESS. Its also funny that when you check a players profile after they've quit, there is inveriabaly a post or comment against them from another member whos game was ruinned by the *** who Quit.

WHY CANT WGT SEE THIS....?????

Oh yeh, they dont give a *** , as long as our  cash keeps rolling in.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 11:34 AM

Danno707:
    Oh yeh, they dont give a *** , as long as our  cash keeps rolling in.

I don't either ... they aren't hurting anything when they quit, just irritating me. I'm a big boy and can get over it .. even if I were shooting the round of my life and get frozen out.

Make a mental note of who quit on you , move on, and start a new game.

• banebdjed
    43 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2011 1:45 PM

Danno707:

Danno707:

What happens if the person has a wife that suddenly phones up accusing the quitter of cheating...Do you think the husband should say 'Not now darling, wait till i have finished playing Danno and we will discuss it later'... Do you seriously think anyone is going to jeapordise their relationship for a game with Danno on WGT?

Or, it could be that the person has been called into work for treble time. Again, do you want the player to forfit treble time just so he can play you a round of golf?

There are millions of other reasons that could result in a person quitting. Really, i think it is ludicrous to expect anyone to be contracted to completing a round of Internet golf

• leprachuan
    39 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2011 2:13 PM

lovely foul language danno.if you use language like you do when your playing no wonder theyre quitting

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2011 2:17 PM

leprachuan:

lovely foul language danno.if you use language like you do when your playing no wonder theyre quitting

Leprachaun does have a point!

However, in response to your comments, play with friends and you know they will not quit.  As time goes on you will make more friends and therefore have more friends to chose from to play your games.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2011 2:36 PM

i agree that the circumstance's mentioned would require that persons attention, but it only takes 10 seconds to make a short entry on the chat "sorry, emerg, got to go", matter of fact i timed it, it took less than 5 seconds.  wgt is not going to do anything about quitters it is not in thier best interest.  i personaly go to the persons profile and leave a message on thier wall.  of course it can be deleted, but at least i am doing something.  i'm a grown man but that doesn't mean that i am going to be used, abused, or anthing else if i can do something about it.  i have made forum entries to this subject often,  stop complaining, whineing, do something!  my nickel.

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2011 5:45 PM

I have a note pad right next to my comp. with a list of names i wont play with. when i enter the game and look to see who is there and check my list. Its kinda my naughty or nice list lol

• Rickybabypoo
    5 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 11:55 AM

you have a forum right here so just make a quitters list and post them here that way every one will notice it and add more manes but don't forget that you have to b sure the person did quit and not a computer problem

RSS