Forums

Help › Forums

Re: consecative days

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 22 2011 12:51 PM (7 replies)
  • maury62
    449 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2011 6:00 PM

Once again i played after 7 pm central time and didnt get  credit for consecative days what the F is goign on? What time zone is world golf tour set up in?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2011 6:07 PM

Pacific time.  Pacific Daylight Time beginning next Sunday.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2011 8:23 PM

maury62,

If you are in Central time, the new day starts at 6pm locally. I see you played yesterday, but it doesn't say what time.

So, for instance.... if you played yesterday but played before 6pm, that was before the new day started. 6pm yesterday to 6pm today was the last day. If you then played at 7pm this evening, you missed the day yesterday, and the streak is starting all over.

If this is the case, play again right after 6pm tomorrow, and you will see 2 consecutive days played. Any rounds shot between now and 6pm tomorrow are counted on the same day.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 1:36 AM

The consecutive days bonus is based on Greenwich Mean Time, which is 6 hours ahead of Central Standard Time.

This is a little confusing because for some other purposes WGT runs on Pacific time, at its own location. For example, the weekly or monthly tournaments end as of midnight Pacific time.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 5:33 AM

zagraniczniak:
    For example, the weekly or monthly tournaments end as of midnight Pacific time.

I didn't realize that part. Geez, you'd think they would offset the times at least so everything starts and finishes at the same time.....

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2011 10:41 AM

I still dont know what the exact start/end times are for me lol......just an excuse to play more often.

Anyway, I am only replying to see what time it says it is when I type this.....currently my time is 1:41pm in Michigan.   

****edit***

The post says I replied at 10:41 am, so I am 3 hours ahead of WGT time.   Maybe this will help others....maybe not

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2011 11:53 AM

hpurey,

If you are in the Central time zone, your new day starts at 7pm. It was 6pm up until the recent daylight savings change, but due to it, the new time differential is 7pm. 

WGT is based of off UTC time for the start/end of the golf 'day' - it does not adjust these times based on it's timestamp for the forums, etc. Adjusting to your local time zone is up to each player as WGT makes no adjustments for this.

• SiCk0
    205 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2011 12:51 PM

I'm in south New Jersey my time was 7;00 pm now with daylights saving time it is now 8;00 pm.

RSS