Forums

Help › Forums

Re: do buying items make a difference?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 7 2009 10:45 AM (3 replies)
  • imaloser
    32 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 1:42 AM

I am pretty new and I like this game but I have read where some people say buying items makes no difference in play? also how do I know how much each item costs.. all I see are points?

ok thanks for the help

mike

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 7:51 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the site.

See the search box to the left ?------------------------------------------------------------->

There is heaps of good info contained within. Simply enter key words and give it a go. OR - look at the FAQ underneath the search box - its all there.

Enjoy

Cheers Doug

PS - Oh yeh - buying clubs. Does it make a difference - you bet it does :-)

• Griz0613
    80 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 7:51 AM

Buying upgrades really does help. You won't notice a signifigant difference until you start moving back tees. 100 credits is $1.00   So a 900 credit driver would be $9.00

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 10:45 AM

i've played with some solid pro's (68-71 average) who still use only starter clubs.  i bought a whole set cuz i made it to pro in 2 days and i thought the new clubs would continue cutting strokes off my score.

the new clubs perform better than the starters.  HOWEVER, they are harder to hit perfect as consistently.  they take some getting used to... and some experimenting with new balls.  it is generally recommended to start with a driver and a putter..  i particular like the Z-wedges and would recommend one of those as well.  once you get used to them... you'll gain distance off the tee, more accuracy putting, and the ability to stick shots right next to the whole from the first cut of rough with the Z wedge.

RSS