rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 15 2009 7:07 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • scoresby
    158 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 2:45 PM

Script:
    - The challenge is the course.

All of us are competing with the course.  When we do so in groups of two or more, we’re competing with each other to determine who is best that particular round; who is best at beating the course that round; or, in today’s economic lingo, who is least worst at losing to the course for that round.

The first skins (pelts) game:  Hear the originators of the game shout, “I bet I can knock this stone into that rabbit hole in fewer knocks than you!”*

The challenge IS the course, but there is fun in challenging the course with a group, especially a group of golfers who are similarly skilled in the rules, mechanics, and etiquette of the game.  That is not to assume that all masters in WGT are so skilled, though it would be nice if they were.

I like the idea of filtering group play; what the hay, the filters are already in place on the WGT Players page.

Cheers,

*(not necessarily historically accurate)

• Script
    621 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 4:44 PM

Okay...:)

• sealseal
    67 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 7:37 AM

Ya that would be a great feature to add.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 7:46 AM

I like this idea.

Not because I'd want to only play with other Masters, but rather to stop the times where I'm rejected after joining a random group due to, what I believe is, my Master ranking.

• whinsoul
    134 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 7:02 PM

as an option, it would be a great idea... as for people who dont like the idea... dont choose the option.

• xBOGEYBOYx
    7 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 7:07 PM

Good point whinsoul. I think the majority of players would like that option. I personally play better when i play with master rather than hacks.

• PAGES
RSS