Help › Forums

Re: CC vs CC Matches

Tue, Mar 1 2011 1:27 PM (32 replies)
  • Evolushun
    53 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 9:29 AM

speedyschic:

Hi Clark,

After further discussion with Jeff our Club owner and several of our Club members, at this time, we are respectfully going to decline the CC vs CC tournament we discussed due to player experience discrepancies between our two Clubs. We feel there will be an unfair playing advantage in the tournament based on the experienced players our club possesses. This determination is purely based on each players stats from each CC, and not the individual.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Hey Guys....... I think the whole problem here can be traced to the above sentence which I have put in bold print. It is obviously not illegal or malicious to write this but I personally think that it is rather demeaning and I would have been "pissed" if somebody directed it at me. I think it is obvious that if you compare stats and experience level, Our CC wins that competition. What does that mean? absolutely nothing.... I think the point of the CC vs. CC tourneys are just to have fun and meet new people. I also keep in mind that it would not be respectful to start a CC vs. CC tourney if you are having doubts about having enough time to efficiently get it completed. I want to apologize again that our CC came off looking like snobs. Once again, I know most of the members very well as well as Jeff, the owner. He is not a snob. I promise you. I would not be a member of such a club. Jeff puts in a lot of time, effort, and money to keep this CC going strong. I hope that in time there will be no hard feelings between us.

Sincerely,

Speedy

Speedy, I am glad someone from your club has a little honor and can see the mistake.  MY hat is off to you for understanding what we mean.

• Bluenose12
    2,101 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 7:51 AM

speedyschic:

Hi Clark,

After further discussion with Jeff our Club owner and several of our Club members, at this time, we are respectfully going to decline the CC vs CC tournament we discussed due to player experience discrepancies between our two Clubs. We feel there will be an unfair playing advantage in the tournament based on the experienced players our club possesses. This determination is purely based on each players stats from each CC, and not the individual.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Hey Guys....... I think the whole problem here can be traced to the above sentence which I have put in bold print. It is obviously not illegal or malicious to write this but I personally think that it is rather demeaning and I would have been "pissed" if somebody directed it at me. I think it is obvious that if you compare stats and experience level, Our CC wins that competition. What does that mean? absolutely nothing.... I think the point of the CC vs. CC tourneys are just to have fun and meet new people. I also keep in mind that it would not be respectful to start a CC vs. CC tourney if you are having doubts about having enough time to efficiently get it completed. I want to apologize again that our CC came off looking like snobs. Once again, I know most of the members very well as well as Jeff, the owner. He is not a snob. I promise you. I would not be a member of such a club. Jeff puts in a lot of time, effort, and money to keep this CC going strong. I hope that in time there will be no hard feelings between us.

Sincerely,

Speedy

Thanks for that Speedy,as far as I'm concerned this has now come to a satisfactory conclusion.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Tue, Mar 1 2011 1:27 PM

whew . . . the end :) 

RSS