Forums

Help › Forums

Re: difference in power lengths

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 12 2009 10:50 PM (7 replies)
  • cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 11:45 PM

Don't know if any one has noticed ,but has the power bar from start to to full power on the spider putter been extended. Because from last night until today every putt i hit is under strength.I also noticed  the length of the power bar shrinks in size, from switching the  driver & irons to the putter.I know this because i have a piece of paper taped to underneath the power bar for putting and it is marked at every 5ft (as sad as it may seam..lol).And now it seems to have changed.Any one else noticed or is it me...

Cobra4

• NJWallace
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 3:27 PM

I just got the spider, and it is set to 25, 50, or 100 ft.  The starter is set to 30 or 60 so you'll have to recallibrate, but it's definately a smoother roll once you get used to it.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 11:11 AM

How do you recallibrate?

I bought the Spyder and love the slow meter but lately what I have judged to be 6' putts are rolling about 10 (even uphill) lol

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 1:34 PM

There is no "recallibration"; different green speeds have drastic effects on distance. The two main green speeds are "fast" and "slow".

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 2:54 PM

GoldCard:

How do you recallibrate?

I bought the Spyder and love the slow meter but lately what I have judged to be 6' putts are rolling about 10 (even uphill) lol

I think he means "recalibrate your mind" or rethink the strength of your swings. When I switched to the Redwood putter I had to go to practice rounds and relearn my putting stroke.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 12:19 PM

GoldCard:

How do you recallibrate?

You just moved up to the pro ranks. The default speed for the amateur tees is slow and for the pro tees it is fast.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 9:57 PM

cobra4:

Don't know if any one has noticed ,but has the power bar from start to to full power on the spider putter been extended. Because from last night until today every putt i hit is under strength.I also noticed  the length of the power bar shrinks in size, from switching the  driver & irons to the putter.I know this because i have a piece of paper taped to underneath the power bar for putting and it is marked at every 5ft (as sad as it may seam..lol).And now it seems to have changed.Any one else noticed or is it me...

Cobra4

time to change the tape lol

gg chippy

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 10:50 PM
    Hi, I just had a play with my Spider on practise greens and as far as I am able to tell, actual ball roll is 10' for each of the first two backwards movements. (flat green) Only tried 3 holes so perhaps this may prove to be inaccurate? Still love my spider though:)
RSS