Fri, Dec 17 2010 7:01 AM (27 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 3:51 PM

He is still trying to clear 7 feet

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 4:26 PM

Great round Jake!! Might have to start asking for strokes during our marathon games! Keep up the good scores and I'll try and catch you this weekend!    Rock

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 5:26 PM

YankeeJim:

jakestanfill7:
    Even funnier that I have also WD from 4 ready gos today because of meter freezes.

I don't get this part. Why do you withdraw? Do you try to salvage a round or just give up on them after a bad whatever? The only reason I ask this is because I think something else is at work there. I'm sure you're having those problems but is it possible everybody in that particular RG is having difficulty too?

I just recently struggled to a 35 at BPB in a RG and thought that was going nowhere. The winning score was 32!! What is up with that? Legends that own this game shooting a 32 on the same 9? I stick around rounds I would like to WD from because I think maybe everybody else is up against the same things I am-putts lipping out, stopping short where they never used to-stuff like that.

Now you come along with killer rounds that even you are amazed at. I don't think you're lucky, you're just good and put yourself in high reward situations, then execute.  I'm just wondering why you give up when maybe it's not you.

All good points YJ.  You've asked about the WDs on a few occasions so I'll offer my reasoning but could be lengthy.  :)

I don't mind shooting bad rounds like you speak of when weird stuff like deviations, putts doing strange things or just plain missing.   I play these rounds out and turn in the card.  Without meter interference a horrible round for me is -1 to par.  Bad round -2 to -3.  I have no problem with these and easily laugh them off.  It's not a "I don't birdie the first 3 holes so I'm outta here kind of thing."

Now let's bring the meter into the equation.  I still can't figure out why it can be decent (only 1 or 2 issues per side) then the very next it's at least every other shot with a spike or a freeze.  When I get these rounds I have little interest in sticking around.  WD is my protection mode to keep from breaking things.  Can't afford to buy any more mice and work won't buy into any more excuses why my screen on laptop is cracked.  LOL.  When I start the round with meter business bad, I shut down, do some clean up and either play more Ready Gos or look for a challenge match.  Typically I'll try so new shots too so next time I'm the same pickle I might be able to fight through.  If meter stuff starts after 5 or 6 holes I play those out too as I'm typically already several strokes under par.

Mind you these are all single play rounds.  I have never quit a multiplayer game or forfeited a challenge match.

I also like letting my benevolent side come out by WD because some people who need credits far worse than I do get a chance to move a spot up the leaderboard.

I love the fact that you fight through them all but doubt you've ever experienced the multitude of meter rounds that I have.  To each his own my friend.  I save the fight for the real golf course where I've never given up on a round no matter how bad.  Had the craziest round of my life this summer.  Smooth 49 on the front side at local track.  Slammed 3 beers at the turn.  Pressed every bet I could.  Carded a 34 on the back even with a double bogey and walked with $225.

So to sum it up, I quit when I have no control of the round.  I stick it out good or bad if the shots and score are my own and not demons in my graphics card.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 5:54 PM

Good answer, Jake.  Thanks for the look. I just wish I had the will power to walk away. Stubborn is as stubborn does. :-D

• oksymoron
    110 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 6:18 PM

not bad, buddy. and dont worry about the missed eagle on the 5th. im pretty sure u wouldnt have your subsequent freak-streak without that lip-out.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 11:30 PM

sweet round bro

• shaghar
    514 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 12:18 AM

amazing Round Jake !!!! 

Lou gratz on ya 24 aswell wish i was there to see that one too !!!  :) 

• acesman6
    56 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 7:01 AM

That card is just pure class, super stuff Jake. 

RSS