Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Country Club Credits banked for purchasing prizes from WGT store

Thu, Jun 2 2011 12:40 PM (5 replies)
  • ChrisC1977
    31 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2010 2:05 PM

I think it would be a good idea to allow players within your country club to donate credits to a general pool in which could be accessed by tournament creator to purchase prizes from wgt store for tourneys.  If the tournament creator is someone other than the club founder, the use of credits would have to be authorized by founder.   The credit pool can also be built up by allowing a certain percentage of credit entry fees to be added to the fund.  Then you can purchase a prize from the wgt store using these funds.  Great incentive to get more members to play.  The only drawback I see right off if is a prize is restricted to level and the winner has not reached that level.  Any thoughts on this?   One solution to that is have a section of the store where you can buy prizes for tourneys which are not restricted by levels.  Including balls, elidgilble clubs and maybe some new products created for this concept in which all of the merchandise is free of level restrictions.

• happyman123uk
    1,242 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2010 3:06 PM

I agreed with what your saying there should be some way of other members putting credits into a country club there should also be a way to send a message to all your members at once not 1 by 1.  WGT could  take a cut of the donation like they do with club tournaments.

• flushinjus
    76 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2010 12:47 AM

I agree. This would be an awsome feature. WGT take way to much out of the prize pools anyway(20%) this would be a way for WGT to build the community.

• DaveHeathcote
    90 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2010 1:39 AM

I've been thinking the same for a while. Would allow prize funds to be set up for tournaments outide of the strokeplay format that is only thing that can be formally set up through current CC tournament process.

For example, if you want to set up a CC matchplay knockout there is no way currently to set up a prize fund for it.  If you could set up a prize fund with set rules for payout everyone could pay their entry fee in to it and the tournament/CC owner can then dish out the prizes on completion.  I see no reason why this can't be as credits rather than Pro Shop items.

Would need competition rules and payout to be clearly defined (not difficult) so that if someone feels hard done by they can appeal but hopefully this will never/rarely happen.

WGT can still take their cut, I have no issue with this, if they didn't then WGT may not exist.

And yes, ability to set up CC mailing/messaging list would be great (although there is the CC Forum I suppose).  For those wishing a short term solution, captains can get members to send their email addresses to them and set up a mailing list outside of WGT for those happy to be on it.

• silky4015
    255 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2011 12:29 PM

I have just opened a new CC and at the moment I have 2500 credits in the club. If I can’t use these credits on competition, what can I use them on? If I can’t use, then what use are they?    

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2011 12:40 PM

silky4015:

I have just opened a new CC and at the moment I have 2500 credits in the club. If I can’t use these credits on competition, what can I use them on? If I can’t use, then what use are they?    

You can't use them. They are just the total winnings of your members.

RSS