Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 6/25 Product Update - St Andrews Links Now Available

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 1 2009 7:57 AM (29 replies)
  • DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 12:00 PM

Thanks for the reminder Dusty.  Your right on that. WGT puts out a great product. 

• chinigla
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 1:52 PM

Do you have to be a certain level to play Wolf Creek an dBali Hai as full 18's?

• BiminiBen
    53 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 1:53 PM

Thanks for the course add guys, keep up the great work!!!

• JTxpress
    411 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 1:54 PM

Thankyou WGT for putting up a new course. I played it last night at 2am pst and had no problems with the registration. I kinda wish we had a little easier course to play in multyplayer but, oh well, I will hack and slash my way thru Bethpage front 9 now. ))  I always finish my rounds, so if anyone is getting discouraged with people quitting then leave a message on my wall and I will be happy to oblige you with a round. Thanks again WGT, and see you all on the course. :-)

• JasonDurham
    216 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 2:12 PM

Thanks for the power meter that jumps all over the place and clubs that hit like a 13 years old is swinging them.

• reidhanson
    49 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 4:08 PM

Thanks WGT!  It's really cool to play the old course.  I'm sure this was mentioned in one of the BPB threads, but man, what an added dimension it was to watch the US Open having been all over that course myself virtually.  Really, really cool.  *thumbs up* 

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 4:30 PM

rohdem:

I get that WGT is free so I probably shouldn't complain..........and the developer are working hard at adding courses......

but......... its pretty lame to post an announcement saying you will be able to 'play' St Andrews, leaving out the fact that by 'play', they mean hit 9 shots from preset locations, not playing 18 holes of golf.  I could care less about closest to the pin challenges.  Logging in to WGT today was like a kid opening up his gift on christmas morning and it is an ugly ass sweater.

The news was clarified on the 22nd

WGTAlex:
    06-22-2009 4:05 PM

It will be a closest to the hole challenge to begin with, and we do not have an ETA on whether it will become a stroke play game.

• backspin63
    67 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 6:04 PM

You folks need to read the post's before you launch another complaint!

• rohdem
    40 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2009 10:37 AM

scoresby:

http://www.wgt.com/news/archive/2009/06/22/wgt-announces-st-andrews-links-for-play-online.aspx

This is the announcement I read prior to the 25th.  It still just says 'will be available for play'.

• BiminiBen
    53 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 7:57 AM

Thanks WGT for including some of the holes from ST Andrews Old course.  I have been there many times but not recently and it is nice to be able to experience it again online.  It is the mecca of golf and the reality of the visualizations almost makes one taste the salt in the air and feel the wind in ones face!

RSS