Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Game Freezing

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 24 2010 3:20 PM (3 replies)
  • drl1948
    17 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 12:07 PM

Many times during a match, if one of the players quits, the game freezes and those left cannot finish the match.  Is there anyway that this can be corrected?

• TarheelsRule
    5,497 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 12:40 PM

This is one of the most irritating things about people who quit.  If it is their turn and they quit, then the game freezes and all the other players are locked up and have to quit and restart.....as a single.  If I wanted to play as a single I could have done that before the game started.

The quitting has gotten worse with the new green speed.  I am a legend and if I play a game with masters or tour pros, I can count on one or two of them giving up before the round is over, frankly I think it makes them play better, getting used to our green speed but one bad putt and they are out.  Just a bit ago I was in a game with 2 masters, the game was set up using a 30 second clock.  The maker of the game quit after 3 holes leaving two of us.  The second player quit on #8 after knocking a putt 20 foot by.  This left me to either quit, it was an 18 hole game, or continue alone.  I continued alone and was 5 under after 13.  Playing the par 5 into a 20 mph wind I had to lay up to the left, I rushed a little (30 second clock) and hit a 3 wood perfectly that rolled to the edge of the left fairway...or so I thought, even though I could clearly see the ball on the fairway well within the area shown, it ruled the ball out of bounds.  I ended up with a 7 (double) on that hole. 

Probably would have hit this shot anyway but playing alone with a 30 second shot because the other two players quit was enough to piss me off.  I did manage an eagle on 18 to make things a little better.

• drl1948
    17 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:14 PM

I agree.  Perhaps if the "End Round/Main Menu" tab was eliminated in matches, it would put an end to the quiters.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 3:20 PM

drl,

It won't, unfortunately. Nothing can prevent the user from simply closing the game client window to drop the game, and this is exactly why the freezes occur. If the end round option was used more it would help in order to allow others to keep playing.

RSS