Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Miss ding putters

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 28 2014 3:49 PM (7 replies)
  • WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 3:34 PM

Anyone else struggling with the new Nike logo above the meter ?

I had been (very) gradually improving my putting but the new logo above the meter is really throwing me for those right to lefters .

• jeepie411
    3,197 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 1:01 PM

I actually had to go look for the logo to see what you meant. There is no difference in the performance and the logo is in no way any distraction to seeing the putts or aiming .

• jld51
    406 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 1:31 PM

WoodenHands:
    Anyone else struggling with the new Nike logo above the meter

what logo dont blame the tools blame the person using them...

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 1:43 PM

jld51:

WoodenHands:
    Anyone else struggling with the new Nike logo above the meter

what logo dont blame the tools blame the person using them...

Sorry , i don't mean to be disrespectful but your putting stats hardly make you an expert .

I used the previous logo as a guide of how much to miss by and merely wondered if anyone else had been affected in this way , what i didn't count on was being offered no advice by players who are no better than myself .

• jld51
    406 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 2:17 PM

WoodenHands:
    Sorry , i don't mean to be disrespectful but your putting stats hardly make you an expert

Stats mean nothing if a person wants to practice in racked mode by trying deferent methods of putting using up the max number of shots.how can that count.I for one never you practice mode. do not see the point of figures telling me what i can do and what i can not.

Stats say most people die in bed. by not sleeping in one does not make you live longer.

statistics can be made to represent anything you what. 

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 2:25 PM

jld51:

WoodenHands:
    Sorry , i don't mean to be disrespectful but your putting stats hardly make you an expert

Stats mean nothing if a person wants to practice in racked mode by trying deferent methods of putting using up the max number of shots.how can that count.I for one never you practice mode. do not see the point of figures telling me what i can do and what i can not.

Stats say most people die in bed. by not sleeping in one does not make you live longer.

statistics can be made to represent anything you what. 

Then please accept my apologies , as i said i merely was asking if others had experienced the same problem as me , what i had not anticipated was an unhelpful reply to my question , hence my previous post .

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 3:14 PM

WoodenHands:
    what i had not anticipated was an unhelpful reply to my question , hence my previous post .

Unfortunately WH, this is where you went wrong, in thinking this.  Nowadays, in the forums, it seems there are a lot of unhelpful, less than desired posts.  Seems lots have soemthing to say, just not about what is being asked, so you sometimes have to wait until you get a good one.

Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot to comment about on your OP. LOL!! I can say this:  I know when the 3 meters came out and they had original labeled above the meter we all started with, there were a lot of people that used the first part of the label as a guide post for the 90% mark on their power meter. If I remember correctly, which doesn't happen often, I think WGT moved or changed it somehow and a lot of people got upset because it changed that mark for them somehow.

I am a ding putter, and think that if I did off ding putt I wouldn't be so deliberate about where i was off dinging, unless of course, I ran into someone like you and you pointed out that type of strategy. I am sure if there are others that did it, then it is probably bothering them.

Looks like you will have to find something else to use as your marker or get some techy to write a script that puts something on your screen that you can use, like the WGT caddy does with the meter

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 3:49 PM

jsweetcr:

WoodenHands:
    what i had not anticipated was an unhelpful reply to my question , hence my previous post .

Unfortunately WH, this is where you went wrong, in thinking this.  Nowadays, in the forums, it seems there are a lot of unhelpful, less than desired posts.  Seems lots have soemthing to say, just not about what is being asked, so you sometimes have to wait until you get a good one.

Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot to comment about on your OP. LOL!! I can say this:  I know when the 3 meters came out and they had original labeled above the meter we all started with, there were a lot of people that used the first part of the label as a guide post for the 90% mark on their power meter. If I remember correctly, which doesn't happen often, I think WGT moved or changed it somehow and a lot of people got upset because it changed that mark for them somehow.

I am a ding putter, and think that if I did off ding putt I wouldn't be so deliberate about where i was off dinging, unless of course, I ran into someone like you and you pointed out that type of strategy. I am sure if there are others that did it, then it is probably bothering them.

Looks like you will have to find something else to use as your marker or get some techy to write a script that puts something on your screen that you can use, like the WGT caddy does with the meter

Thank you jsweetcr , very good of you to give me a reasoned reply , i very much appreciate it .

That's a great idea  , try and get someone to make me an off ding putting meter , then it wouldn't matter what changed at a later date . It may seem so inconsequential to most but the different logo made quite a difference to me .

Thanks again for taking the time to help .

RSS