Help › Forums

Re: 64 Bethpage Black Unbeleiveable

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 31 2009 2:29 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Nickelless
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 1:02 PM

Believe it or not, .....I'm at the pro level with avg score of 80.24.........best score at Bethpage was 93, and I shot lights out!  

But on the Kiawah Ocean course i hit a drive that traveled 270 yds,,,with the wind and caught a down slope....I gasped for air when I saw it...my avg drive is just above 226.

So, it CAN be done.....most likely it will never happen again!!

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 6:21 AM

It takes alot of playing and I actually paid to upgrade to the top driver and some top clubs and it was well worth it. When I came here I complained alot about distance, etc. It still sucked in the qualifying but the course is set well now. But I made it to 70 to qualify after alot of playing. I also played with a really nice top player who helped me with pointers. I can hit drives 240-250 mostly with the good driver but I have had a few playing different courses that have gone 270-280 with a 20 mph wind and a funky kick. Here is an example...........

Playing the 6th hole at Bethpage..the shorter Par 4 with traps on the left. of the fairway....I hit a drive with a wind that kicked off the backside of the hill on the traps and just took off down the fairway for a 280 drive.

Overall if you just learn the courses the scores can come down easily. Hitting shots to adjust for the elevation of greens, winds etc was the biggest thing for me.

• RoadWarrior28
    29 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 12:23 PM

Which tees are we talking here? From the currently played whites, it's not too much of a stretch. (I say that having a personal best of even on the front)

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 4:19 AM

This is actually an old post, it originated when the VUSOpen qualifying began and Tibbets posted the lowest qualifying score to date at the time.  It was from the championship tees and we didn't have all the new toys in our bags.  So it was a really good score, at the time.

• gadzuks
    44 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2009 6:59 PM

well the first time i played bethpage i didnt do very well either, but believe it or not, i now shoot better there than at kawai,i have never broke par on anything but my avg. is now 78 and improving with basic clubs

• MiHyunKim
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2009 1:32 PM

so far my best is 72 with "free" clubs

would have been under par if it wasn't for double bogey at the end

• lilmike24
    185 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2009 9:01 PM

67 with the wally world clubs.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 2:29 AM