Help › Forums

64 Bethpage Black Unbeleiveable

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 31 2009 2:29 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dalotheman
    3 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 12:01 PM

How is it that anyone can break par on this course? A lot of the par 4's have to be played as par 5's. Is there something I'm missing about length? My average drive is 235 yards and I'm a "master."

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 12:15 PM

woo hoo...i just did a 73 with the wallmart(asda) clubs...i wont stay there but hey im well chuffed with that....only wish it had been the round i hit the 261 yrd drive on..heyho! it is possible!

just to add...u have to bang them third shots a yard from the hole to have a chance...or hole em!

• Dkmz17
    1 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 7:46 AM

How can you possibly hit a 261 yard drive?

• FreddieLove
    58 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 8:30 AM

261 yards? Hit your normal 270 yard drive off the toe.

Freddie

• Keith35
    20 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 8:44 AM

To score well you have to be able to par the 5 or 6 holes that can't be reached in regulation.  It shouldn't be all that difficult to do considering you should only have a short iron shot to the flag.  The really good players will put those only a few yards from the hole every time.    I bet when this is all said and done the winning score will be lower than 64 and you will need a 68 or 69 to qualify.  Just my $.02

• Noodon
    56 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 8:09 PM

It's like playing the course with a 3 iron off the tees...this one is so unrealistic it's kinda sad. I've played Beth Page and no way is this course this long, even from the tips, this game really handicaps you in this tournament, too bad..I even got ripped off by upgrading to a Taylor Made driver, should have traded it for a 7 iron since thats all the distance I get from it...good scam goin on. You have to lay up to every par 4...that's pathetic

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 9:09 PM

"Break par on this course"  ??

In the 2002 US Open at Bethpage Black, Tiger woods won it and was the only player to have a 4 round total under par at -3.

So - Break Par ?? You're going to have to be very good to do it.

I think WGT have got it just about right in regard to the level of difficulty. They cant have everybody shooting the lights out on this course - everybody reaching all the fairways. Would be just to easy. So - the game developers have to have some method to actually control the kind of scores that people will post. Club distances is one option, Wind is one method, not reaching the fairways is another option, putting ( not easy) but its achieveable is the other one.

So - all up I think they have it pretty right.

Great job WGT

• thelmer
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 10:13 PM

Best I've done so far is 75 with the "free clubs" ...has anyone with the free clubs shot better than cut line of 72???

Really curious to know.

• Noodon
    56 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 11:58 PM

I guess this is going rapidly from a free site to you have to buy the equipment to even qualify or play a descent round. Well they got you all now.....haha

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 1:04 AM

Hi Noodon,

Common - surely you're not that naive ???????????

Got us now ?? Give me a break. Yeh I spend the odd few dollars on clubs, but my own budget is pretty tight so I'm careful.

It helps with the cost of maintaining the site, and paying for - wages?? yeh ??? like - people dont work for washers you know !!

So - they got me alright !!  :-)

Cheers

• PAGES
RSS