Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT lies about the new level system

Fri, Feb 18 2011 7:02 PM (26 replies)
  • TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 9:05 PM

As everyone does, you will get used to it. I've been playing Masters with frigging beginners clubs and they put up one hell of a fight  :)

• bartjones
    72 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 9:56 PM

It's pretty clear by now how the game changed under the new level system. Back in the day, you could improve your game mostly by purchasing new clubs. There was a variety of different balls with different attributes, but your biggest progress leaps came from buying new and better clubs. 

Now your biggest advances come from buying new and better balls which cost just about as much as the real thing. You don't need to be a Wall Street banker to figure out the logic. Balls are an ongoing sales item, clubs are a one time purchase.

And WGT's original commitment that the best equipment would be available only to those who played the most and levelled up, was completely shattered when the new high spin, longer distance Callaway balls came along and were made available to the casual player. 

It's all about the money now. I'm not judging it, just saying, that's the way it is.

• wsmd
    63 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 10:27 PM

.. .. How about putting your hand in ya pockets n enjoying the game instead of bitching like ol'friggin women.. .. its a great game n pastime.. .. what do get for nothing these days.. .. n before ya start on me, YES i have n will more than likely put a few more bob in as well.. .. C'mon, onto the 1st!!! 

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 10:53 PM

What lie?

Give me your money if you want better stuff.  Simple...

LC

• BobbyHollywood
    19 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 2:30 AM

Does nobody do survey's anymore?  Might save some tears.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 5:29 AM

I have a cheese shop at ay 'quitwhinning.cheese'

its just a game

have fun, i am

i bought high tech stuff, i chose to pay for it.

and i thought my 16 yr old whinned alot

-G

• steven3001
    2 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 7:02 PM

the best way to level up quickly is the consecutive days bonus. 6 or more consecutive days playing at least one round gives you 880 points.going by the 1000 points to level that makes almost 1 level a day. a single closest to the hole game can keep this streak alive.

RSS