Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Country Club League - STARTS 27 September

Mon, Jan 10 2011 11:23 AM (497 replies)
  • mightyred
    3,139 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2011 11:34 PM

Thanks for a great game jeff, not much I can add to your fine report. It was so close all the way and came down to a fortunate shot at the end, could have gone either way. Really good too play with a true sportsman jeff...thanks again.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 1:24 PM

Sounds like a real battle ... nice job and nice win to Mr. Red.   Just to comment on your "sportsman" description of Jeff .... and let you know how true that is.   When he plays as a TM against Legends .... on holes where the tee boxes are separated ... he hits a 3 wood off the tee so as not to take advantage of the yardage distances.   How's that for sportsmanship.

Good win to our opponents .... Monty would be clapping for you ... but he only has one hand that works :)

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 1:41 PM

lvietri:

When he plays as a TM against Legends .... on holes where the tee boxes are separated ... he hits a 3 wood off the tee so as not to take advantage of the yardage distances.   How's that for sportsmanship.

Good win to our opponents .... Monty would be clapping for you ... but he only has one hand that works :)

I'm just phoning the queen now telling her to knight this Jeff person... Please can someone show me his profile! 

Doodles

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 5:52 PM

For those of you following the action ...  Deviations are up 2 matches to 1

Mightyred over Jeffdos924 on the first extra - English Lakes Win

Ahudd over MJS74 on the first extra - Deviations Win

Neildiamond11790 over Seveking 3 & 2 - Deviations Win

Flyinturtle over westhamchris 3 & 2. - Deviations Win

Coolswing over  Mike3226 --- 3 & 2 - Deviations Win

Deviations win 4 to 1

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 5:00 PM

hey slor thanks for putting this on. and to all the fine players i played great matches. and to the my fellow Devs way to go i believe with my win over westhamchris we take the tourney chamionship. dont want to sound conceded but i never had a doubt that we would. great game all.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 5:19 PM

Slor and fellow league members.  It's all over as we finish against English Lakes 4 - 1.   Even with the confusion at the beginning of the league ... It has been fun playing.

Good luck to the rest of the teams as they enter the Winter League.

Sincerely, Lou

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2011 11:19 AM

I think my captain and team mate Tony have said it all so just want to say Thanks again to Slor for all the work and effort to organize a tournament of this magnitude, great work.  Also thanks to all the players that i've played against, you guys are very nice and showed great sportsmanship throughout, it's made this whole tourney a lot of fun and i've really enjoyed it.  

Last but not least I'd like to thanks my captain Lou for the fantastic job he did with our team and to all my Deviant team mates - YOU GUYS ARE COOL MOOKS !!

Unfortunately our club will not be participating in the next season here but I'm sure you all will see us again later on ! :-)

GO DEVIANTS !!  WHOO HOO !

• slor
    902 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 11:23 AM

LAST UPDATE - FINAL - Deviations 4 - 1 English Lakes

Thanks to everyone who played an incredible 490 singles matches over the course of four months. And huge congrats to the Devs, who lived up to their reputation and swept through the league, winning both the league and playoff titles. And also big thanks to UK Golfers Elite, Rock and Roll Rasta, and the Norman's Webb Collective for putting in extra teams as replacements to keep the league flowing when things were rocky in the first month.

WGTIcon, can you lock this up for us?

RSS