Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why Can't You Switch ONLY a PW?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 13 2010 9:48 AM (7 replies)
  • SLinSD
    12 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:24 PM

I buy one and it's mandatory that it goes with the entire iron set? That's not right. The whole point of setting your bag is to give yourself the most appropriate yardages that you'll be comfortable with.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 5:36 AM

you can remove your fairway wood and put an extra iron there.I did for the longest time as a master, cannot do it as a legend anymore

• Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:01 PM

I agree with OP you should be able assemble your clubs as in RL golf...only number of clubs should be the restriction....ie I'd like to remove my PW and add a hybrid.

• Crowester
    8 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 2:07 PM

Agree also. It doesnt make any sense why you cant switch the PW for another Wedge from the shop. Doesnt reflect the rules of golf.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 2:32 PM

WGT has stated previously (I am too lazy to dig up the link) that 3 iron through PW are treated as one club as far as the programming goes.

It would take a major overhaul of the code to make them single clubs and they have said that it is unlikely to happen.

• SLinSD
    12 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 3:01 PM

Then they ought to allow an extra wedge (15th club) if purchased.

• SEK1
    38 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 5:11 PM

in real golf the "legal limit" of clubs is 14, so they are sticking to the rule book on that one.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 9:48 AM

SLinSD:
    I buy one and it's mandatory that it goes with the entire iron set? That's not right. The whole point of setting your bag is to give yourself the most appropriate yardages that you'll be comfortable with.

This seems relevant now more than ever.  I and many others have raised this point for quite some time but with recent changes my bag would be a lot better if I could remove a 3iron and add hybrid.

Can't drop 3wood anymore from Legend tees.  Current set up is 237 wood, 215 3 iron, 205 4 iron.  Can't reach many par 3s with 3 iron now and 3 wood is too much.  With option to drop 3 iron set up would be 237 3 wood, 222 hybrid, 205 4 iron which would make a much better fit without having to give up a wedge.   This is actually exactly how my real bag is set up except for the fact that I carry an 8 hdcp and can hit every club about 15 yards farther than my supposed master equipment.

*** As for the post about the mandatory clubs being programmed as one, I have a hard believing that.  I remember seeing that from WGT and thought "really?....please explain how."  Not many people would drop a middle club but allowing people to drop 3 iron or PW seems like an easy overhaul and would make many customers happy.

The bigger issue for me right now is the meter.  I've had a long battle with it since the beginning of this year.  New computer helped a lot but since recent updates it's worse than it's ever been. 

Very very close to the point where fade into the sunset.  Hoping something gets resolved soon as I really don't want to quit but sure can't continue beating my head against the wall.  Might have to seek counseling to break my addiction but WGT is certainly helping to squash my desire for playing the game.  I love the added length for Legends but not being able to get within 3 of center with 4 iron approaches just isn't a heck of a lot of fun.

RSS