rated by 0 users
Fri, May 29 2009 6:58 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 5:47 PM

Great update Admin.

Advice to all.....

Turn on your hole info and pay attention to the first hole pic.

This is the sign on display on the real course

May the best prosper....The rest keep trying. ( I'm in the rest category)

Enjoy your play

Mike

• WaterTrap
    95 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 5:54 PM

RSolidin,

I agree that there is a way to satisfy both camps.  I am in the camp that is not too concerned by the lack of distance. 

Just like a real game the higher your swing speed the farther the ball (generally)

What if the bar was scaled so that the harder you try to hit it, the faster it swings down, and the smaller the target

I think that addresses distance, speed, accuracy etc all at once.  it allows those who want to be conservative to be conservative and those grip ands rip to do just that.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 7:47 PM

Hi All,

Great threads, and some good constructive stuff.

As far as BB goes I love it. Am in pro tier, my average is shotting, up especially since I have started recording rounds at BB. But it really is a challenge.

Shot my best score the other day 78. OK dont laugh - but I was really pleased with it. I just like the challenge.

I have'nt got the expensive clubs either just the tour starters, but I dont mind. I might get a better driver one day I'll wait and see. This course is all about management. On some holes you take the pain and move on - then try and birdie those you can get at.

My target this month is to shoot 75. Wish me luck

I wish all the threads were this constructive.

Keep up the good work WGT - great upgrades. See you all on the course

Cheers Doug

• Bigdewp60
    5 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 8:13 PM

If you think its too hard Dont play the game. Golf isn't supposed to be an easy game. More you play the better you get. Simple as that

• SPmachina033
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 8:48 PM

They could have given us an extra 15 yards avg on drives so we can atleast reach the fairways. kind of annoying to have to keep hitting out of the rough 50% of the time.

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 11:30 AM

My main problem is that you can mange the course to scramble for pars but on some holes with the driving distance you are still shooting for bogey since they play like Par 5s. If it is to be realistic than me realistically hitting a perfect drive with a Burner Driver would go more than 240-250.

• birdie123
    16 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 11:47 AM

YOU ARE NOT KIDDING NOT ONLY IS IT TOUGH BUT TOTALLY UNFAIR.  PLAYED GREAT ON THE FRONT NINE SHOT 39, GET TO THE BACK NINE AND CAN NOT REACH THE FAIRWAY ON THREE OF THE FIRST FIVE THANKS FOR NOTHING, GO DOUBLE BOGEY ON THOSE HOLES BECAUSE U CAN NOT

HIT OUT OF THE ROUGH REALLY FAIR WAY TO GO

• Mainiack
    79 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 6:58 PM

keep in mind the graphics ae realisitic but the game(imo) doesnt try to be realistic. nvertheless i play the freeclubs and it is less than 50 % of the time the ball actually goes where i hit it, including wind and nearly appropi\riate club distances,

there are times when i have a putt where the ball actually goes where i aim it, its the like the break actually dissappears when i make my backswing with my puttter.

ive never claimed to be n expert or thought i was better or anywhere near as good as th top players, but i doo play to honest handicap since im not a quitter and my average is around 77 @ this moment coming from high 60's when this course was introduced as the default course for multiplayer ( i only play multiplayer) i tried maybe 10 rounds on betty when it came out on the close to the pin thing but quickly realized i had no business there. if i cant make the ball go where i hit i havent a chance, i've played a few rounds i dont study the game and i play relatively fast  as i might take up to 30 seconds to read a putt on the 15th green, but i haven't  clue how to score well . i have taken 1 club more, 1 club less , played punch shots, , full swing with top and bite, i admit i don't have a clue  nothing i do has worked

37 is my best round on betty and i think that was near the day it was defaulted as multiplayer, if anyone ever gives honest advice or info on how this works i would be truly interested. 

• PAGES
RSS