Re: STOP CALLING YR OPPONENT CHEATER WHEN U LOST IT

Sun, Mar 30 2014 6:37 AM (59 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2013 11:46 AM

MBaggese:

WTF...are you mental?

Post of the week :))

I must be crap, no club owner has ever tried to steal me away from Bridgestone.  Not that I would leave anyway, which I think is the big point.

If someone is happy in a club I don't see why they would leave and join another, surely everyone knows the grass isn't really greener on the other side?  And if it is it's because it's covered in shi manure and it rains a lot.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 5:43 AM

MainzMan:
    I must be crap, no club owner has ever tried to steal me away from Bridgestone. 

1. This is the most highly unethical - unsportsmanlike like, player scalping decision any club owner could make.

NOTE: If a player / member from a club approaches a different club owner and inquires about joining his / her club nooow its fair to recruit that player. ONLY under the condition if the player approaches the owner.

MainzMan:
    If someone is happy in a club I don't see why they would leave and join another, surely everyone knows the grass isn't really greener on the other side?  And if it is it's because it's covered in shi manure and it rains a lot.

This is the "VIRTUAL WORLD" my friend. Everyone has their reasons for moving on. There is nothing REAL here. I have been in this community for a while and let me tell ya, "loyalty" to friends AND CLUB is far and few between man. With this said let me make clear, the 75 + members at The Elite CC are players / friends / members who have remained loyal and true through not just 1 but MANY changes and transitions. Not enough can be said about these Elite CC players. Taking advantage of the free advertising,,,LOL. 

My 2 sent.

• Talluin
    257 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 6:05 AM

overtheedge:
    1. This is the most highly unethical - unsportsmanlike like, player scalping decision any club owner could make.

A point the thread hijacker doesn't quite grasp and by hijacking multiple posts in multiple forums desperately trying to find a crumb of support for. 

overtheedge:
    NOTE: If a player / member from a club approaches a different club owner and inquires about joining his / her club nooow its fair to recruit that player. ONLY under the condition if the player approaches the owner.

Entirely different situation and completely acceptable for an owner to recruit that player.  point being the player has approached the owner, not the other way round!

With any luck, the penny has dropped Ironmanz, Alex?

Let's hope so....

• kakola
    65 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 8:53 AM

How, precisely, does one "refuse" to become a legend???  WGT has kept me on the cusp of legend status for months now, and I can assure you that I am not making any conscious effort whatsoever to stay there. 

The notion that somehow higher tiers or levels affects the innate character of the individual is  ludicrous.  You lost it on this one, Fish.

courteneyfish:

boressie:

TM are often accused of cheating when they beat Legends. The problem is that the legend doesnt accept loosing to a low tier. I know that . lol

But some Tour Masters stubbornly refuse to be Legends. It's usually the Legends that are the honest ones.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 11:43 AM

kakola:

How, precisely, does one "refuse" to become a legend???

If you don't play ranked rounds that lower your average, don't beat higher tiered players in matchplay and don't do well in RG tourneys then you can stay a TM, or lower,  pretty much as long as you like.  I've seem pro players who were level 90 odd, it can and does happen.  The easiest was is to simply play matchplay and alt shot, that way you don't have any scores to effect your average and will stay on each tier a long time.

kakola:

The notion that somehow higher tiers or levels affects the innate character of the individual is  ludicrous.

It's not the tier effecting the character of the individual.  Said individual already has a certain type of character, one that doesn't want to deal with teeing off up to 100 yards further back than a TM.  I reckon a lot of these new members who post good scores from day one are old TM's who found legend too demanding and figured they'd start over from the baby tees.  I've seen several good players quit after reaching legend, whether any of them started again under a new name is unknown.  At least to me.

• Greg123245
    28 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 5:13 AM

As long as this game remains flash based, it is determined to be hacked and cheated. Time based and optically triggered mouse clicks combined with flash speed manipulation could definitely guarantee a ding 99% of the time. Flash is not really protectable against this, the only way to get cheaters to stop is changing the whole surrounding of this game. Of course I am aware, that this will take a long time, but trust me, better start with it now. Otherwise, you will have to increase deviations even more to force these players to putt from outside 8ft again. But that is not the way to go as it punishes the honest players as well... The way it is right now, cheating players approach the 95% GIR and 8ft average as you can see by spending some days checking out many many player stats. Create the possibility to watch other players during their games. Soon! This is the short-term possibility to decrease cheating without quitting flash. A live-play-tournament could be planned with all mouse-movements streamed to watch for every player.

• tw0str0kepenalty
    126 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 3:10 PM

more birdies then pars ya your legit 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 5:57 PM

ironmanz:
    My question has to be to to the WGT. Are golfers captive, or free agents, is it recruiting or poaching ?

A golfer will apply to a club to become a member or will decide to leave the club of his own accord...and that's the way it should be.

I know this is only virtual golf but the correct route to for a c.c owner to enrich his club membership would be by posting in the country club corner forum or sending invites to players who've made their intentions clear that they're either looking for a new club.

I've seen more than a few walls with blatant poaching attempts posted on them and even had a couple of c.c  invites sent to me to join other clubs which is too funny cause I'm already in what I consider to be the best c.c.

• Greg123245
    28 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 2:12 PM

For those of you whiners, who are whining about the whiners, it appears that the ones who are cheating the most are the ones who are complaining the most about being called cheaters. Have a nice day

• Greg123245
    28 Posts
    Sun, Mar 30 2014 6:37 AM

As a retired teacher, I have played the game approximately five times a day for the last three years. I definitely enjoy the competition and the graphics. However, I do not believe that players cheat. But, I completely understand why so many new players believe it to be so. From my experience, it's WGT that cheats. As an educator, I was trained to look for patterns. I have notice to my immense frustration that about every other game, my shots don't go anywhere near where I have aimed them. In fact, it appears as if I have never played before. I have often wondered who really controls the game, the players or WGT. I have read in the forum that WGT uses and equalizing program called the VEM. I do not know if this is true, but sometimes it sure appears to be so. On occasion, I get so frustrated by the lack of consistency of the programming that I want to quit in mid-game. Of course, I don't out of consideration for my opponents. I certainly don't mind losing, its part of life. But I sure get angry, when I make a shot that I have made for over hundred times before, and it ends up way off the mark.

RSS