Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Pro playing off 65

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 20 2010 5:46 PM (3 replies)
  • pamazat11
    2 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 10:38 AM

I just played a matchplay challenge with a player who is on the pro tier but has is about 65 points rating. What's the story?

He's at a much greater advantage. He hit the green with two shots on the back nine at Bethpage which he said he does about 50% of the time. Off the masters tee it would be no where near 50%.

I could go on but just want to know how this is possible His explanation was he rarely plays stroke play, he just plays challenge matches?????

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 11:15 AM

Well you're no longer a sandbagger virgin, pamazat-you just got taken by one. Basic rule of thumb, don't play pros in MPCs. 1/2 of them keep their averages safely above the line for Masters (somewhere around 64-65) so they can fleece unsuspecting opponents. Sorry.  :-(

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 1:32 PM

I have noticed people that dont record ranked rounds often can have lower averages and kept as a pro.  Hopefully with the new tier system they have coming out, MP and MPC stats will also help determine what tier someone should be in.  Bottom line you are probably better off playing a 58-63 average master then a 65 average Pro, at least if you get taken for credits by the master, you knew it was coming.

• pamazat11
    2 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 5:46 PM

Thnx for the heads up guys

RSS