Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Help with best Master Driver

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 19 2010 12:11 PM (3 replies)
  • KJEZ
    56 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 9:32 PM

Just made Master (Gulp!)  Trying to figure the best new driver for me.  I hear evryone talking about the Tri.  But I do not see much diff between that and the other R9.  A liitle more precision and 3 yards of distance but I cannot see that being 600 credits more.  What am I missing?  Coming from the Rapture pros and seeing I rarely hit perfect shots the slower meter swing (and cheaper) Club seems more appealing

• Mike3226
    2,683 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 5:44 AM

Nows the time to buy - 25% discount!

I have the R9, R9 Tri and the i15 master drivers.  I use the R9 most of the time because the meter is a slower.

In my opinion there is little difference in performance between the 3 of them. I wouldn't take much notice of the extra 3 yards, I've played using a Tri at St Andrews and been consistantly out-driven by an opponent using the standard R9 master driver.

I would definetely go for the standard R9 Master driver, comparatively it's good value for money.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 11:26 AM

Mike3226:
    , I've played using a Tri at St Andrews and been consistantly out-driven by an opponent using the standard R9 master driver.

Me too, Mike-haven't figured that one out yet but SA isn't a real good test. I think it trumps on the other courses but playing to different meter speeds is not really a good move, all at once. The R9 is probably the best choice for the meter and the distance. 

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 12:11 PM

I noticed the TRI performs better in all winds except down wind.  It can carry 10yds longer off the tee with the right spin, and performs very well in side winds.

Just my observation.

RSS