Help › Forums

Re: WGT Putters & other clubs

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 19 2010 10:51 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 7:39 PM

Come on Sar...01 $30-40 bucks!!!!!!!!!! I play QUITE a bit, joined in March 2010 "invested" $30-40 bucks just in balls. I too enjoy this game and have "invested" ALOT of cold cash. (not that WGT had to twist my arm). All I am trying to say to new players is unless you dont mind "investing" the bucks or dont have alot of money to burn, practice pratice pratice with the starter clubs untill you can break 73 every round. Aproximent time 2 months minimum. Any other "sawbucks" thoughts,encouragements, or advise to new players?  Excuse me for giving my 2-cents worth. opd

• COP1115
    4 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 11:52 PM

Heck AL....send me a new set for xmas....will ya?....lol

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 1:52 PM

Back to the OP, I would keep playing as is and once you make Pro, drop $20 or do some surveys and pick up a driver and a putter.  Play like that for a while and you should be able to answer the question yourself from there on in.  I fully equipped myself with $$ when I made pro, except for a hybrid and and a wedge or 2, used starter balls, entered tourneys, match play challenges and ready-go's.  Then I dropped a little more during a bad stretch, then dropped slightly more when I made master for the master g10 and irons (to which I threw out day 2).  But my earnings now funded the master irons (gave them another chance), newer driver, another wedge and all the balls i need.

Thats me though, I thoroughly enjoy this game. 

• bpierce749
    116 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 9:42 AM

neil i managed to convince one of my former coworkers to buy me a putter as a goodbye gift. (he was lucky because clubs went on sale) he got me a redwood (old) and i tried it out. 1 over on the front 9 of bethpage with 11 putts. thanks for the advice though

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 10:51 AM

I would have went Daytona.  Easier meter.  Glad to see you had success with it, just work on giving yourself more birdie opps with more greens in reg, although bethpage is tough to hit every green.

• PAGES
RSS