Forums

Help › Forums

Re: BALL SHORTAGE

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 2 2010 10:29 PM (7 replies)
  • RUSAVED
    1,090 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 10:20 AM

I have a whole bunch of single balls in my bag but I don't want to use them in competition or otherwise, as the ball that replaces them is the generic WGT limitless ball. Can you programmers at WGT configure the program to access the same type of ball or at least one that has the closest specs? Using a gi3s or a gi3d and then getting a default ball when the "spec'd" balls run out is unacceptable.

• cappy123
    39 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 11:53 AM

i can appreciate your post as i feel the same way, but we have to understand the last thing WGT wants to do is actually give us a more enjoyable experience, this website is all about generating revenue through attributes like that, just take a look at prices compared to the color of the ball, i mean come on is that really a buying gimmic,so good luck with that request, my personnel favorite is the jumpy meter on the first hole at ST ANDY always a surefire water shot when the wind is in that direction this has gotten me for about 90% of my balls i have learned to use a 3wd on the tee there to save a ball or two

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 1:54 PM

Wow, I thought this was gonna be something comPLETEly different, LOL...

And BTW, I agree with ya.

• wallleee
    2 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 2:09 PM

the generic ball PENALIZES you with every shot.. what a scam

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 4:28 PM

RU   I  suggest you use these balls in pratice.  and  buy 1 type of  ball you are comfortable with and play that. Gl and have fun.

• Jetes1156
    29 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 4:37 PM

I'm guessing that no one here ever saw they movie "Tin Cup" with Kevin Costner (sp?) Lol.

RUSAVED:
    Can you programmers at WGT configure the program to access the same type of ball or at least one that has the closest specs? Using a gi3s or a gi3d and then getting a default ball when the "spec'd" balls run out is unacceptable.

There is a PGA rule that the same type of ball must be used for the whole round. WGT uses this rule and this is why you get the limitless ball because it is defaulted as every ball because it doesn't help you at all. Seriously... go watch "Tin Cup." It is a good movie :D

GL

Jetes

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 5:54 PM

yes ....but what about the ball wash?! i always wash my balls...they perform better...speshly if heated slightly!

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 10:29 PM

RU I agree, especially considered that wgt wants to mimick real life golf as close as digitally possible. In real life golf you go into your bag and "choose" a ball rather than be given a random one by the greenkeeper. Also in real life one can look for the balls in the weeds, woods etc., and a good percentage of those times one finds the ball, here it is lost 100% of the times. But hey, I guess lots of members would have asked for this facility in the past, I am sure, and here we are still waiting...

The above posters said it all really.  ;)

RSS