Help › Forums

Re: WGT some answers please - Don't leave us in the dark

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 5 2009 9:38 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2009 1:32 PM

Thanks for the replies. Thanks again Tibs for the info on the releases. I am just here for the fun and enjoyment. No big into competing I like the commodory and playing with others. Bring on the new clothes. :)

• Weirsy
    84 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2009 3:40 PM

See..... I used to like being that guy that show's up last minute, joins a group of strangers at the first tee, throw on my worn out tan golf shoes, pull out the old TNT canadian tire 1 wood (and I mean wood), tee up my water balls that I bought from a kid on the way to the course, and while the rest of the group decked out with their burners, hybrids, and 4 wedges, all with the most brutal swings you've ever seen snicker as I tee it up, I go on too shoot my mid to low 70's with what I have for equipment. I've upgraded now the I can afford it. Clubs are easier to hit, but I pretty much shoot the same.

So, online,  I'll keep playing with the "original" set, still break par as an amateur and will only fork out my dough when, the courses get more difficult, some workability is put in the club, wedges that suck back, and a bit more accuracy. The forgiveness thing being less with better clubs is bs.

Taking on all comers with my crappy (? - I wish I could shout under par with crappy clubs)  originals.

• RAIDERX
    12 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2009 3:57 PM

I HAVENT SPENT A DIME ON CLUBS. AND IM BEATING THE PEOPLE WITH PAID FOR CLUBS. WEEEEEE

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2009 6:12 PM

Can someone post somewhere what the peak server times are. Cause the last 2 hours or so the game has been brutal in terms of load speeds, meter smoothness, and just choppiness of the game

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2009 9:38 PM

Hi Guys,

Just a comment from me on the meter issue, upload speeds etc.

I am from australia and have little trouble with the issues. I even play on a lap top with wireless link to a modem. I just dont see to many of those type of problems. OK - Yes I do have a jerky swing meter sometimes - but I seem to be able to manage it. If the swing meter is so bad on a particular shot - dont try and hit the line - just let the meter swing through. It wont cost you a shot - then have another go.

On the pings - its just practice. You simply have to put the time in to get the hang of them. I havent bought those yet. I bought the tour starters and they seem to be pretty good for me at the moment. I played under par golf on the free clubs - now I can play under par golf on the tour starters. If I buy the ping driver I think it would take me a while to get the hang of it - but eventually I would.

It is after all based on hand / eye co-ordination.  There are probably some exercises out there that can help with that. If you want the ball to go where you want it to go you gotta hit that line on the swing meter.

Also the better you get - the harder it gets - thats the way in real life and so it is here. The only way, that can be achieved on line is for the clubs to be more difficult to use. I dont have an issue with that. It all depends on how dedicated you are to this game and how far you want to go with it. If all you want to do is have a good time, and chat amongst fellow players - just stay with the starter set, and be happy with what you're are doing.

WGT needs all the support it can get right now - they're going in the right direction. I love the game warts and all, I dont get to hung up about anything - lets face it, where else can you play for free. The game is really progressing at the moment, and Bethpage Black to come 25th May - cant wait. We have quite a few courses to play now compared with what we had 6 months ago - so Hey its all good :-)  The bugs - yeh they'll all get sorted out in time. Dont forget we're all on a level playing field - everyone has the same issues to deal with.

Thats my 2 bobs worth - so enjoy

Cheers from Down Under

• PAGES
RSS