Forums

Help › Forums

Re: why does pitch go so much further than it says?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 2 2010 9:53 AM (4 replies)
  • golferrrrr
    44 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 12:33 AM

chip goes as far as it says but pitch goes way further than it says. For example i shot the 14yds and it went 22. So i'm supposed to just guess how much further these things are supposed to go? if i wanted to pitch 22 i'd use 22 not 14. Its like grabbing a 9 iron but it goes 7 so wouldnt i just use a 7 instead? whoever was in charge of the "pitch" settings got their club numbers mixed up. wtf you guys? Should be interesting to hear the half-assed excuse you wgt clowns got for this one. Betcha its another half-baked scheme to grub more money out of frustrated newbies so they think buying better clubs 'll fix the error.

• gpcxii
    8 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 12:55 AM

The slope of the green can effect the distance considerably.  If it is downhill, the pitch will roll further, uphill it may not go as far.

• iwb1
    110 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 3:00 AM

Also the lie that you have and where the first bounce is makes a lot of difference. You just have to get out there and practice.

Read the guide here http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/7840.aspx

• UniBooboo
    42 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 3:24 AM

Ok I was going to answer your question with info about green speed, ball lie, ball spin, and slope, you know, to be helpful to a fellow player. But then I read the last two sentences.  Well, this led me to go look at your profile, and I see that you post some good scores, so you must have knowledge of these things already.  Well this begs the question from me,  why the dumb ass question?  If it is a question, because why ask a question to people whom you think are clowns?  So I must assume its a statement intended to provoke some kind of response, but why?  Again I must assume by your last two sentances that you have a personality that doesn't produce you many friends so maybe this is just some kind of substitution for actual conversation with people. After all it is understandable, most socially retarded people developed an overly inflated sense of themselves ( you know the kind that are just to smart to get caught by half-baked conspiracy schemes to take their money) in order to justify why all the other people are out there making connections and friends with everyone else while ignoring them.  One can be tempted to think that the reason is that no one is just smart enough to understand their complex personality - One would be wrong, sometimes an ass is just an ass. 

Well sorry you have to live as you, I know it must be rough.  So good luck, I'm sure this is just the first of many "Look at me, I so much better than you" Forum post that all us lucky people will get from you.

Finally, I know it wasn't an excuse, but I do hope that was at least Half-Assed enough for you.

Proud WGT Clown

Unibooboo

P.S.

Kudos to aqpcxii and iwb1 for being a bigger men than me and still trying to answer the question, you guys are examples whats right , I on the other hand seem to let myself be part of whats wrong.  - I will try better.  \|:^)

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 9:53 AM

Just read this ..it's on the right ... tells you what to do to chip and pitch.

http://wgt.com/forums/p/7840/49253.aspx

RSS