Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Drivers Ping G10 master V Taylor

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 31 2010 1:09 PM (4 replies)
  • Seekerb
    651 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 8:54 PM

i recognise that there are a number of threads on this one but am new to this and not sure how to plug in.  I would be interested in some comments.  Many of the top players seem to use the Taylor Master Driver with max 278 and have G10 irons.  Do people find the extra 8yds a benefit compared with the half ball benefit in precision with the G10 Master?  Also Taylor has faster meter. I still seem to have enough trouble controlling the G10 in temrs of rolling off fairways.  Mind you I am not using the slower meter balls.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 5:27 AM

Hey Seeker

My opinion on this subject might vary from others, but hey it's my 2 cents worth...

I have not tried the TM MD yet but I do not feel I need the extra few yards right now with the courses that are offered. The TM R9 driver and fairway wood have plenty of punch. As for the G10 Irons for me they are a must, they complement the R9. I still carry the Rapture Irons and use them alot for CTTH's and Oakmont. Wedges are a very different story and I know there are varied opinions I only carry 3 

The ZSatin TP Pro 60, ZSatin TP Pro 64, and the ZSatin TP Master 60

• Seekerb
    651 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 5:41 AM

Hi Sargenjd01

Wedges are another story intersted to se that you have the rapture irons I sold mine bit of a hannibal burn your boats.  Do you find the raptures easier to fade and draw than the g10's?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 6:48 AM

Seekerb:
    Do people find the extra 8yds a benefit compared with the half ball benefit in precision with the G10 Master?

The TM Tri driver is only rated 3 yards over the other TM driver but it actually equates to a 1-2 club difference on your second shot. At 8 yards longer than the Ping I would imagine this might be as much as 2-3 clubs (just WAG, never used the Ping.) The point is it changes your approach shots allowing you to use shorter clubs. 

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 1:09 PM

I would not say they are easier to fade but easier because of the meter. It took me a while to get used to the tighter fade on the clicks but I find it is more forgiving or just as forgiving as the rapture. The meter just takes time. I decided to keep the rapture irons specifically because some of the CTTH's distances fit those irons better based upon the distances to the holes.

RSS