Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tournament suggestion...

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 28 2010 3:42 AM (3 replies)
  • overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 3:52 AM

I'd like to suggest that WGT add a type of tourney where everyone playing uses the same set of clubs for their round.

Now i know that some off-site factions have done this already but they aren't exactly what i'm looking for as many people don't visit the forum and hence don't know about these things, and fewer still enter them.

So, how about adding a weekly tournament where everyone uses the same equipment?  Competitions are after all better if they are fair for everyone.  I realise that such a thing might be tricky to code but if you can code the tier restrictions on clubs i'm sure you can code in a 1-set of clubs tourney.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 8:44 AM

IMO  that would only work  if WGT provided said clubs and gave the player a fair chance to get used to them without penalty.  I personally have a mixed bag , as do most that have been here a while,  so making them play with different clubs without the chance to practice with them would be a disadvantage. And they would have to have the same balls as well, again with time to adjust to them.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 9:47 AM

wizbang360:
    IMO  that would only work  if WGT provided said clubs and gave the player a fair chance to get used to them without penalty.

WGT has provided us all with the same clubs, Wiz .... since we can't sell them back, everyone still has a full set of Starter clubs.

I'd have to agree with the OP.. an occasional weekly tourny played with Starter clubs/balls would be kind of cool and making it  unlimited play answers your concerns about practice. And I don't think it would hard at all for WGT to set something like that up.

That said, I seriously doubt that it will ever happen .... imagine the zillion forum posts we'd have to suffer .. griping about not being able to use the clubs we bought, not reaching fariways or GIR .

One other thing ... Starter only tournaments DO even things out a little distance-wise and  puts a premium on course management. The end result of that is that we would still see most of the same names at the top of the leaderboard. They aren't there now just because they have better clubs.

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 3:42 AM

For the clubs to be used in the tourneys, i'd suggest starter clubs for unlimited play tourneys, and maybe some low-level premium clubs for the single play tourneys (like the hack tier ones bar the rapture)?

RSS