• PAGES
  • TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 9:08 AM

very good idea  danohi... :)

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 10:16 AM

The Ready Go's are the greatest feature WGT ever implemented.   I remember when they first released them, I had 150 credits that I had accumulated over months of piddly winnings in the weekly and monthly tournys.

I put 100 of those 150cr on the RG I knew I'd place well in, and it's been basically a credit making mechanism since.   The RG's have made it so that Masters with legit 64 and less averages can make credits.   I do feel bad for those who live in areas that cannot participate.   WGT really needs to do something for those players, perhaps RG's with virtual equipment prizes?   It's not fair to those people that they have no real way of making substantial credits.

Regarding structure changes to it, if the proper means to eliminate sandbagging is put into place, tier based RG's should be the next step (after the addition of another tier above Master).   And I do like the idea of different entry fee RG's, but that runs the risk of having too many RG's that may take a long time (as in days instead of hours as it is now) to fill.

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 2:40 PM

smaller field(10,15,20 peeps) - better payouts - assorted entry fees.

really dont need to look any further then online poker sngs  to see what works best.

50 players paying 100 fee and 1st place wins 550?   something is drastically wrong with that.

If you do not have at least a 62 low avg.  and you keep playing RG's as they are now,  you are prolonging change.

• Sastradamus
    10 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 10:19 PM

When do Ready-Gos take place? Around what time EST? I have been trying to play in these to test them out and there are never any going.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 4:12 AM

Sastradamus:

When do Ready-Gos take place? Around what time EST? I have been trying to play in these to test them out and there are never any going.

You probably live in a state that does not allow skill based gaming, so you're ineligible to play in them.

Ready Go's

There are certain countries and states where skill-based gaming is prohibited. Players from those countries and states will not be allowed to participate in Ready-Go Tournaments.

The U.S. states that do not allow skill-based gaming are: Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Iowa, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Montana, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Vermont

The countries that do not allow skill-based gaming are: Brazil, Argentina, the People's Republic of China, South Korea, Japan, and any other jurisdiction that WGT excludes in its sole discretion.

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 7:34 AM

I was on vacation for the last 10 days, interesting ideas being circulated. Either way, something has to change or the RG will slowly die off. Already, it's become a high-level Masters only daily tournament, with those players trading off credits.

Upon returning, I played in a St. Andrews F9 tourney where 2 players had 27s, there were 4 28s or something, and my 29 was barely good for a top 10! I realize that's the easiest RG by far, but still... :) How can any player not shooting sub-30 realistically want to enter that tournament??

Anyway, the ideas of smaller fields, or another tier, those are all good thoughts. Let's see what WGT does about it; I enjoy the competition of the RG's, but I think 99% of the players can't enter them with a chance of winning.

C

• PAGES
RSS