Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Nike One Tour & Tour D

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 14 2010 1:02 PM (2 replies)
  • KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 6:29 AM

In RL I am a 1.8 handicap (as of 7/1/10). For the past couple years I've been playing public golf courses with Titliest Prov1 golf balls, we recently joined a country club and the course is a bit different (shorter, smaller greens, faster greens, more sand). I can't get used to the speed of the greens and I was thinking about trying the Nike One Tour golf balls.  Has anyone else tried these and how do they stack up to the ProV's?  Any suggestions would be great.

-King 

• TarheelsRule
    5,483 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 12:22 PM

Are you talking green speed in terms of how they roll King?  I never have felt that the balls have much effect on putting but I recently switched to Srixon balls, they have a great variety, a little cheaper than ProV1's and play just as well.  I'm using a softer ball which I need as an older player.  My advice would be to talk to your local pro.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 1:02 PM

TarheelsRule:

Are you talking green speed in terms of how they roll King?  I never have felt that the balls have much effect on putting but I recently switched to Srixon balls, they have a great variety, a little cheaper than ProV1's and play just as well.  I'm using a softer ball which I need as an older player.  My advice would be to talk to your local pro.

My local pro is sponsored by titleist so that might not work lol.  What I meant to say was inside 50 yards would still like to be able to stop the ball rather quickly on aproach shots.  Right now a greenside pitch shot with a prov1 will stop dead for me, I wanted to know if the Nike's have the same ability.  Hope this clears it up.

RSS