Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Children

Sun, Jul 11 2010 2:27 PM (8 replies)
  • luckysump
    638 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 5:27 AM

Am i the only one who has to put up with their bloody children.   My boy is has just turned 16 and permanently on his X-Box, Laptop and i-pod,  The summer holidays are soon to be with us (Jobs full or part time are few and far between).

Why am i not allowed on the internet i pay for,  WGT seems out of the window for the next 2 months.

any ideas,  (i cannot kill him, wife won't like it)

I know i'm always moaning about the other half but now the bloody childs getting in the way of the golf.

C,on enough is enough.   

• pardog06
    53 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 6:00 AM

I am the proud father of a 3.5gpa 4sport season blue chip athlete,Whom at 14 is a video game addict :( do to his abbundance of sports i have talked to hundreds of teen boy parents about this problem...Rest asured its not just ur kid.Thay are ALL addicted to games like c.o.d and if u take em away they just move onto there laptop or there i pods..Im sure what the answer is to stop u from killing him for it  but i know for sure thaT  it seems to be a problem across the board with teens today :(

Pardog06

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 7:53 AM

I got a little guy now, and looking forward to later on when he is older.  Hopefully he is a golfer and likes to fish, cause I could spend my whole summer doing those 2 things with him, and the wife should be fine with it.  On the other hand, I have a PS3, I get addicted to games as well, when Gran Turismo 5 comes out, I am going into hybernation, so its easy to see he will be an addict to.  Pardog, I was a 4 sporter as well, and looking back I kind of wish I spent more time not in sports and more doing leisure activities like hitting the beach and fishing the beach.  On long island we have beach passes to take trucks on, and only discovering that now, my friend and I are always saying we wish we did it more growing up.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:37 AM

Lucky, your a father right? Act like it, and put your foot down on your dilemma. The parents are in charge, not the children.

Even joking about killing your son to play virtual golf is a bit disturbing for me. GL

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:54 AM

Richard4168:

Lucky, your a father right? Act like it, and put your foot down on your dilemma. The parents are in charge, not the children.

Even joking about killing your son to play virtual golf is a bit disturbing for me. GL

I was not really going to kill him, Honestly i was just going to  maim him a little so i Could get a round in.

On a Serious note, got to get our Kids off this stuff, X-box, Laptop and I pod, i've got to Drag him out of his Bedroom kicking and Screaming(Joking) to go fishing. When he's there he likes it, its getting him there.

We as parents have to do somthing.

Rember. YOU CANNOT KILL THEM. No matter how nice it sounds at the time.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:57 AM

Have you  heard the expression "if you can't lick them, join them?" My 2 sons were assets to me because of their computer prowess. Forget the X-Box, I couldn't hang. I'm getting even now, though, because my weekend golfing partner is my 19 year old son who I also introduced to WGT. His problem now is that he can't beat the old man. LMAO-finally, payback. He's killing himself to qualify at Oakmont because I did.

Golf on the weekend is how many avatar moves to make the putt or which wedge to flop with. The key is it's together and it was what I chose to make of the time the kids were in another world. They were safe, they were good kids and it's paying rewards now by not turning that time into a fruitless battle. Enjoy them and their ways and remember how you were when you were that age.   :-)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:21 PM

luckysump:
    any ideas,  (i cannot kill him, wife won't like it)

Get him a girlfriend... that will take his mind off of the video games... !

Actually, as been said before, if you can't beat him, join him!  We play a lot of video games in our house...  play some golf outdoors and in...  each has their own laptop so I never have to fight for the computer... and the best part... 

a new 15' trampoline in the backyard for when dad needs some peace and quiet.  I'd probably have to shoot someone to get them off of that toy most days.

It's all about balance, lucky....  they have theirs, you have yours, and once in awhile, when it all works out, you can get do it together.

It's a beautiful thing.

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 5:30 PM

nothing you can do.  Future of mankind involves internet under our eyelids!  Its the big merger with man and machine.  "cyborgs"!  LOL 

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 2:27 PM

My the rewards for being old! My youngest child is a 32 year old high school teacher who lives over 3 hours away.  so no worries for me unless it's my grand puppy's epilepsy. That's right grand puppy, They have no children and treat their yorkie like he is their child.He's not spoiled no way. Don't believe he's not spoiled? Look at my profile image. 

RSS