Help › Forums

Re:topic

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 24 2009 5:28 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 10:05 PM

In a parallel universe, it would be a good system to try, Nivlac.   We can all see where WGT is headed with this particular system though.

I guess what we can hope for is a selection of clubs broad enough that everyone can find a set that is right for them.  We only have a few sets out now, and judging from the comparison charts, we still have a long way to go.  These Pings and Starter Pros will be an ancient memory for most of us by the end of the year.  We still have another tee box to move back to, so we can expect a larger variety of clubs for those who elevate their game to Pro tier status and beyond.  We just have to be patient and deal with what we have until then, which by 6 months agos standards is pretty good :)

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2009 11:29 AM

I have all the clubs that are available. That being said I am using the burner driver and everything else iI use is tour starter. I have not been able to be consistant at all with the pings even with practice rounds.

This is not the fault of WGT that I am unable to deal with a faster swing meter on every shot, that is my problem. Either I practice enough to be able to use the clubs or do as I am doing now by using the older and slower swing metered clubs.

When the newer iron come out I will probably get them just to see how I do. I am sure that "tibbets" did not get where he is in this game without trying out different approaches, swing types;ie punch, flop ect., and he has practiced putting.

Some folks talk as they believe "tibbets" has eyes that are made of lasers and he has a spot on this head where a mouse is plugged in and it receives signals from his brain without having to ever use his hand. He uses a computer that was designed by NASA and has a 105" TV that he plays on to see every detail. He was supplied a video card that will not be available until next year at a cost of $500.00.  "Yes I do realize how stupid all this sounds, that's the point".

I guess everyone wants to be where he is and feels "easier" clubs are the answer. In this game as in life, natural ability gets you only so far, practice gets you there the rest of the way.

We cannot expect for WGT to hand us lower scores, they are going to have to be earned. I know all of you don't believe otherwise.

I have gripped and moaned on the forums about 3 or 4 puttting from 10ft and was told practice was the answer. I have practiced until those days are over. I don't make as many birdies as some, but I am leaving my 2nd putt from within 2 ft.

Everything in this game is the same all around. If you can't use the irons practice. If you practice and still can't do it, like has happened to me, realize that maybe you have slowed down over the years and can't do it. Accept it and do your best and have fun doing it. It does not bother me that others are better than me, as long as I am being the best that I can be.

Just my thoughts, for whatever they are worth.

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2009 12:16 PM

The only complaint that i have is if yo want it to be life like shouldn't you yardage increase with practice. I just think you shuoldn't have to buy new clubs to get 5-10 yards. Thats just what im thnking but i do love the site.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2009 5:28 PM

Don't sell your opinion short, JB.  I for one enjoy reading your posts.  They're always well thought out and written.

A reverse in swing speed only makes the game easier if you do not adjust the other factors.  Precision, but mostly forgiveness would need to be fine tuned in order to keep the difficulty level the same as it is now.

Another thing to consider is that meter speed difficulty is relative for everyone.  Some people (me) find it harder to hit slower meters.

I'm not asking for lower scores to be handed to me.  If the game is made easier then everyone else shoots lower and it's a wash anyway.   I was just suggesting a different way to end up with the same scores that we see now.  It's always a good idea to question the status quo.  It usually sparks a conversation at the very least and who knows how it might change the landscape down the road.

From a business standpoint I think they'd move a lot more units if the upgrades were more tangible.  As a low handicapper, if I spend $600 on a new set of sticks at the very least I would expect them to play the same or slightly better than my old ones did, not worse.  That just isn't the case at the moment.  Upgrading will hurt you and that's not the way it should be.

• PAGES
RSS